Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Don't buy Polaris, you'll be sorry, the full pkg Grizz 660 number 1.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that Yamaha has perfected the ATV in every category everyone who wants a big bore should buy the new 660 Grizz. They have the indpendant that so many wanted, liquid, disk breaks, a real diff lock, no electrical bull to wrong with. And yamaha has the reliability record to back up the machine.
My buddy bought a brand new HO, very nice but he blew the belt off of it in the first day because he didn't have it in low gear, come on, thats alot of crock, I put my grizz in low gear only when pulling or going through very deep mud.
The next weekend he goes out he blows the electrical for the 4*4, so now it won't go into 4*4.
I have 3500 hard km's on my grizz and not a hickup. Forgot, light bulb fell out once.
Sorry guys but look at the forum's and you see who has the most problems. This 700 twin will not be rock solid, so if your smart and want to save money in the long run, go with the Grizz, you won't regret it. look at the video of the new grizz on the yamahausa.com website and see.
Oh ya the new yamaha rides better and has more ground clearance than the HO and has a DRAIN PLUG for the belt if you happen to suck in water. Yamaha's usually float but in case you have a drain plug not to be stuck in the bush.
Hope this helps.
2000 Grizz
3500 km's and not a hickup.
2002 Grizz if the wife lets me.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Yamaha reliability? I have had a ton of trouble with my 2000 Kodiak, whereas my Polaris has given me almost three years of trouble free riding. Come to think of it, the reliability on the Raptor has been nothing short of a bad joke. Let's hope Yamaha didn't rush the production of the new Griz like they did the Craptor.

Time will tell with the Grizz, it's a great looking quad.

Old 07-02-2001, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Even I will admit that the new 660 Grizz is a very attractive 4x4.My problem comes with the guy posting this topic,yam8!

To you new guys,
yam8 has a HISTORY of SLAMING Polaris ATVs and PRAISING his allmighty Grizz.He brags about the quality of the previous Grizz ATVs while posting nothing but negative posts about the Sportsmans.In the past,many Polaris riders have been in huge disagreements with this guy,so im warning you,TAKE VERY LITTLE STOCK IN WHAT yam8 POSTS!In the past,he has PROVED his bias towards his ATV while slaming all others.

In his above post he states that the 700 twin will not be rock solid and yet brags that you wont regret your purchase of the new 660 Grizz.How in the world can this CLOWN make such a statement when the 700 twin is not even out yet,and the UNPROVEN Grizz has only been out a very SHORT time?

''Dont say I did'nt warn you''

Bill

Old 07-02-2001, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

My Yamaha Warrior was the most unreliable machine I have ever owned. come one don't talk to me about Yamaha reliability. Also owned a Yamaha 225 DX 3 wheeler and that too needed weekly repairs. My Polaris machines have never broke down. Know one knows how the new Grizz will do yet.

Old 07-02-2001, 02:56 PM
Trailblazer

That would be a nice, intelligent post for a 12 year old, but COME ON. You obviously don't know much about the new grizz or you would know that the locker is a push-button electric locker. The axles/drivetrain on the new Grizz are TINY in comparison to a 500 HO. How can you say that a 660 Grizz can beat a 700 Sportsman, when a 600 Grizz can NOT beat a 500 sportsman, and OBVIOUSLY you have not ridden either the 660 or SP, so don't talk if you don't know.
All Yamaha did was try to 1-up Polaris. The high gearing in the ultramatic WILL NOT pull 28s according to one of the few people that have tested one. However, a stock 500 HO will. Ever try to snorkle a new Grizz? major pain because it has tubes everywhere. It also takes a Grizz belt much longer to dry off than a SP and slips much easier on older model Grizzlies.
The new Grizzly is an EXTREMELY nice quad, but if your saying that it is all that much better than a 500HO, I think your wrong.

Old 07-02-2001, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

yam8- Thats All Yamaha can talk the all new Wimpy Grizz. Sounds like a nice Machine-Not. Prairie 650 now that is one Awesome Quad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 04:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ExtremeMudman,

AMEN !!

Old 07-02-2001, 05:42 PM
Range Rover

Oh yes you can depend on Yamaha I had a 250 timberwolf for five years. And rode it strong. I sank it on accident in the creek once cut off in water. Had one of my buddies pull me back to the house. I cleaned the spark plug and drained the air filter and carb. And the beast cranked right up and kept going. I almost had 6,000 miles on my timberwolf before i sold it and bought a Polaris. That was the worst mistake i have ever made. I would give anything to have my timberwolf back it was trouble free. In 5 years of riding the only work i did own it was change oil and put gas in it.

I can trust Yamaha and Honda!!

BUT NOT POLARIS!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2001, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

<< 1....a real diff lock, no electrical bull to wrong with....
2....look at the video of the new grizz on the yamahausa.com website and see....
3....Oh ya the new yamaha rides better and has more ground clearance than the HO....
4....Yamaha's usually float but in case you have a drain plug not to be stuck in the bush....
5....Hope this helps....
>>

1. The Grizzly new locker is electric, so you still have the chance of &quot;electrical bull&quot; happening.
2. Look at the video all you want, but I actually rode over 100 miles on saturday with a 2002 Grizzly....alonf with many other brands.
3. The Grizzly does not ride better then the HO in my opinion. But it does not ride any worse either. I would say they are very close in comfort.
4. The Yamaha does not float, just like most other 500+lb quads don't.
5. You might have helped me a little, but I am not sure.

Now for my FACT based opinion....not just what I heard. During the ride, I was very interested in the new Grizzly. I must say that it is one very impressive machine. The owner of this machine had 26&quot; Titan 589's on it, and it was just about unstopable. He was blasting through just about every hole, even the ones that stopped the other 4x4s in our group. Once the locker was engaged, it was a beast. The ride looked great, and it had way more then enough power. He was without a doubt the fastest of the bunch when the trails opened up.
If I had $7000 to spend right now, I would be at me Yamaha dealer right now. I love my Polaris, but this thing was awesome. Was it any better then some other machines? Maybe a little. But other then a few deep mud holes, even the SP335 that was with us went where he went. If you are not totaly Polaris loyal, definitly check this machine out. I can't wait to see what Polaris comes out with this fall to compete with it.

Old 07-02-2001, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Wasn't the previous Grizz prone to over heating? The Raptor stories! Yamaha reliability? Blah, Blah, Blah!

Quick Reply: Don't buy Polaris, you'll be sorry, the full pkg Grizz 660 number 1.