Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Don't buy Polaris, you'll be sorry, the full pkg Grizz 660 number 1.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MUDDY4LIFE

You know what...They can brag up all they want about these new "big bore" monster 4x4 quads. Problem is, a piped Xplorer 400 like yours can make them look pretty slow and foolish.

In my days of mudding, an Xplorer with it's faster reving two-cycle will go throught more mud and much faster then those four-strokes who seem to bog more in the deep goo.

True...all the brands are starting to go away from two-cycles and soon only four strokes will be available...thats life. What I am tring to get at is don't give up on Polaris. With the Kawi 650 and the Yamerpa 660 running around now...it will be a matter of time before Polaris pulls out the stops and comes out with a quad that will DESTROY the rest...just like the Sportsman 500 a few years back. Only now has the competition caught up!!!!!!!!!!!

Polaris is KING!!!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2001, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Adamnieman,
I have owned a few 4x4 four stroke ATVs and two Polaris 4x4 ATVS,one a 500cc Sportsman,the other being my present 4x4 Xplorer.Without a doubt,the Xplorer is the better mudder over any 4 stroke 4x4 ATV I have ever played against.The 2 stroker 4x4 makes its power so much faster than the 4 stroke 4x4s,thus resulting in better wheel speed,something that is needed for hill climbing and mudding.

Now I sure as hell am NOT going to put down the new Kawi twin 4x4 and the new Grizz 660 4x4s,but they best not overlook the Xplorer either,especially MINE!

Bill

00 Xplorer 4x4 400cc
26 inch Mudrunners
PSI pipe w/Scrambler silencer
Delta V-Force reeds w/spacer kit
Heel Clickers clutch kit
RcR air box mods-rejeted main
KN Filter-Uni Filter
Brass Brakes

If you want to come in second ''FOLLOW ME''

Old 07-03-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

I don't usally reply to stuff like this but this one has me steamed.
So this is what I think.
Polaris has been the leader in the utility market for a long time. Everyone pissed their pants when the 500 sportsman came out and it just blew away the competition. It did this until the present time. We can not technically say which is a better machine, the new yamaha and kawasaki have not existed long enough to do a detailed comparison or reliability test. The old grizz had overheating problems and other problems after that. Kawasaki has never been known for making a top quality quad, although I am not bashing them, they just don't make a quad that stands out, well, maybe in uglyness. So how can we tell which is better, everyone gets a bad four wheeler from every manufactor every now and then, it happens, all of them can't be perfect. Polaris introduced the irs in what, 96', and just now is someone putting it on their quads. Polaris also had the fist auto, the first full floorboards, and the list goes on. Everyone knows that the stock 4x4 system was tops utill locking frontends came out. And you complain about the electric systems, the Honda es had the electric shifting and I have heard multiple times of it messing up and the buttons getting stuck. It happens, get over it. I know, and everyone else knows polaris has been the pioneer in quads and it will remain that way.

Old 07-03-2001, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

that new 660 griz, what a joke. we know polaris leads the way!!!!!!!!!!!!
i got a Sportsman it rules theres now way i will buy a yamme!!!!my friend has a worior 350 hes had nothing bot prolb. the motor was tost on it two times!!!!
i also race it i blow it away big time!!!

Old 07-03-2001, 02:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll say this, I prefer the 660 over a current sportsman, but the guy that started this mess is a stiff. First of all, its just a bash post. The title gives that away. It wasn't provoked or I could understand. Second, the Polaris Sportsman still hasn't lost a shootout. Granted it could lose one now, but they haven't done it yet, so it still has a perfect record. It beat the Grizz when it came out, again a second time, and Dirtwheels laid it down a third time not too long ago just in case there were any doubts. Hell, the Magnum beat out the Grizz too!

I can understand impressions or opinions, but coming into a forum and making a deliberate slam post is uncalled for. This guy must get really bored.

Old 07-03-2001, 03:42 AM
Trailblazer

After reading this post I had to tell what I did today!,.,well, let me tell the whole story. For my son's 7th birthday , i bought him a used yamaha blaster. He loved it! ... until i came home with a 2001 2x4 500 scrambler, he straped on his helmet and went out through the pasture on the scrambler and when he got back he tried to trade his blaster for my scrambler!!!! ha! no deal. I do realize that both machines are to powerful for a 7 year old, but,. i put a rev-limiter on the blaster and rode along beside him while he was on my scrambler. well, I'ts a year later now, Tommy's 8th birthday is friday. Today i sold his blaster and bought him a 400 explorer 4x4. AND I AM NOT SORRY!!! I can't wait until friday ,when we go down to the barn and he uncovers his new ride. There is actually no moral to this story, but since i sold a yamaha and bought another polaris today, it needed to be said!!! YOU CAN TAKE THE YAMATALKIN' BACK TO THE YAMAFORUM!!

Old 07-03-2001, 10:29 AM
Range Rover

Yamaha has a poor record for reliability around here. My son has a 2000 model Grizz with a hole in the side of the block the size of a quarter, my brother has his 97 model Big Bear in the shop with the tranny busted (eleven hundred bucks to fix). The new 660 grizz sounds good but is it really ? Only time will tell.

Old 07-03-2001, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider

Well Bill,
Looks like your still alive, thought you retired. Come on as much as you have to hate what I say how can you deny the major problems i've posted. Most machines will have there problem's but not major one's like ive listed in the past. How do you explain my buddy with the HO, blowing a belt because it wasn't in low gear, come on. And the worst is i'm not BSing you, these are facts, hell i've even copied a post for ya from a another polaris guy.
2000 Grizz
3500 km's and not a hickup, can you get that with your Polaris, maybe maybe not.

i have a Xpedtion 4x4 with a lift and k&n filter i have 1,500 mile and had the atv one year. I have replaced this black box three times and i dont ride in much water or mud. I am very pissed off at my atv. everything keeps breaking its in the shop now getting a hole new engine put in. It just decided to lock up on me. Yea i would expect this from a four wheeler that was not taken care of. But I dont ride hard at all and i grease and change all of the fluids every 200-500 miles even thow the dealer say 800 miles. and the peace of crap just keeps breaking. I would tell you every thing that broke on it but that would take all day to list. My friends have Hondas and ride the hell out of them and dont break at all. I am getting a real mans four wheller HONDA!!!!!!!!

i used to have a timberwolf yamaha had it for five years and the only thing i replaced was breaks and break cables 5 times.

and that is the honest truth

POLARIS ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-03-2001, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, it's not even worth listening to Yam8. He pops in the forums every couple months or so and posts multiple bash threads against Polaris. He brags about his old Grizzly and when offered a shoot-out between his quad and others he just dissapears again. He has done this at least 4 times in the past. Must be scared of my Xplorer or something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

One of these days he will grow up and base his posts on facts and not rumors or hear-say. Let him be a newby just a while longer...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2001, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

yam8,
I seen the post on the Xpedition to.I can go to the Yamaha Forum and print some problems with Yam ATVs to,even the NEW 660 GRIZZ.So what the hell are you trying to prove here?

Im not denying that there are some Polaris ATVs with problems,all manufactures have some problems they have to deal with.My problem with you is your CONSTANT bashing of Polaris ATVs and the continued efforts to make the Grizz seem indestructable.

In your opening post,you stated ''NOW THAT YAMAHA HAS PERFECTED THE ATV IN EVERY CATAGORY''

Do you really think that Yamaha has ''PERFECTED'' their ATV in EVERY way?How arrogant can someone be?

PS,
As long as ATVs are around,I wont retire,so get used to it.

Bill

Quick Reply: Don't buy Polaris, you'll be sorry, the full pkg Grizz 660 number 1.