Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

contortionist????

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you gain access to the grease fittings on the 500HO front drive shaft u-joints??? If my hand was really small and I had a tiny grease gun I'd be OK. There must be a way...Help.....Thanks.

Old 07-04-2001, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

You just have to get it turned the right way and you should have no problem. You have to come up from underneath.

Old 07-04-2001, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

yeah just role it back and forth tell you get it right make sure you grease thouse they are very important my friend never took care of his quad and those were the first to go right after the front shocks so make sure you get those

Old 07-04-2001, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Thanks for the tip...I have since looked at the fittings on a brand new 500HO (clean) and I can see that the fittings seem to be at an angle within the u-joint. Incidentially, I feel for allthe guys on this forum who have been having problems with their Polaris machine. I've had mine since last fall and have not had the first problem. In fact, I am amazed at what this machine will do and where it will go. My friend and I took an 8.5 mile ride yesterday over some really rough terrain (rocks, creek crossings, mud, etc.) and my friend was riding his Sportsman for the first time and he could not beleive how smooth his quad handleded the rocks. (He's a former Honda Foreman owner) Hope my luck holds out with mechanical problems.

Old 07-07-2001, 10:40 PM
ox
Pro Rider

8.5 miles? WOW! And my 7 yr old daughter only got 20 miles on her Eton 50 in 4 hours in Canada on the 5th. She would be soo envious. LOL! So did I, wife and 10 yr old son.

BUT MY WIFE CALLS ME AN EXTREMIST!

Sorry, I had to add that. Just poking fun, that's all. Have fun guys. LOL!

Not hard to believe the ride diff, that's fer sure!