Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV Television

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2000, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I don’t know who it was that brought ATV Television to our attention a few weeks ago on this forum, but thank you. I subscribed to the Outdoor Channel specifically to get the show and saw it for the first time last weekend. Doug Meyer obviously put a lot of effort into putting this show together. I thought he did a good job of touching on a wide range of subjects interesting to riders from beginners to the very experienced. If I have only one complaint about the show it’s that in a half-hour, with commercials, it was way too short to cover the subject matter in depth.

From the previous thread on this (I couldn’t find it) I know some others of you are enjoying this show. If you want to keep enjoying programming of this kind I’d like to encourage you to take 5 minutes, go to outdoorchannel.com’s e-mail link (on their home page), and jot a short “thank you” to them for airing the show. A show like this that exposes and promotes all we know to be good and healthy in our sport is just about all there is on TV to counter the media BS we endure. Please take a minute and “vote” for the positive exposure of our sport.

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River

Old 01-11-2000, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Here is the original <a href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000830.html">ATV TV</a> topic.

Old 01-11-2000, 09:29 AM
Range Rover

Great show two weeks in a row. You can email the Outdoor Channel at outdoor channel

------------------
Steve Thompson 99 Scrambler 500

<a href="http://briefcase.yahoo.com/myscrambler">My Scrambler</a>

[This message has been edited by myscrambler (edited 01-11-2000).]

Old 01-11-2000, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

I can't get OD channel with regualr cable, must have digital or satellite. Errr...

Old 01-11-2000, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, that was me who mentioned the ATV TV and you are welcome. Just glad to know that there are other people interested in this sport, and now we can see it on TV.

Blair
00' Magnum 325 4x4

Old 01-12-2000, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

I have a Primestar satelite dish and I recieve the Outdoor Channel also but I haven't been able to get ATV television. The Program Guide doesn't list it and I can't figure out why I am not seeing it when I recieve the Outdoor channel. There isn't two outdoor channels are there? I have checked the time and day in magazines advertising the show and I would appreciate it if anyone else that may have had this problem, could help me out. Do I need to call Primestar or Outdoor Channel or what?
Thanks!

Mudman '00 Sportsman 500 Vamped (Mean Green Muddin' Machine)

Old 01-13-2000, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I had the OD channel on DISH for the
month long free preview. They charge
$2.00 month for it now. It had more gold
dredge shows and crap than good stuff
then. I am tempted to add it now that they
have an ATV show... I just hate giving
Dish more $$$ monthly now $88

[This message has been edited by evensen (edited 01-12-2000).]

Old 01-20-2000, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Curiosity:

Is this the Outdoor Life Channel, the MSC
channel or the "Outdoor Channel" Is it on direct tv?

Old 01-20-2000, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

For more information click on the MYSCRAMBLER
Hyperlink. So I now have answered my own question. Dish Network and cable by request.

Old 01-20-2000, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

It is The Outdoor Channel. No matter where you get it from (or don’t get it) there’s no “Life” or anything else in it. You can get a program schedule from their website at (guess where) www.outdoorchannel.com

Just another note about keeping the show on, while I was roaming around TOC’s site I found a link to Doug Meyer’s email. This was after I’d emailed TOC to express my appreciation for airing ATV TV. So I emailed Doug, thanking him for his effort in putting the show together and let him know I had also let TOC know it was the reason I subscribed to their channel. He mailed me back the same morning, thanking me for my support, and ESPECIALLY for letting TOC know how I felt.

If we want to keep programming of this kind available we have to let the right people know we’re watching it. This means the channel that airs it and the sponsors who pay for it. If they don’t know we’re watching it’ll go away. So if you like it, tell anyone who’ll listen, but be sure to tell TOC and the sponsors!

------------------
FloodRunner, on the Wisconsin River