Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

making my scram full race!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2001, 03:31 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have decided that i am going to make my scram full race i am goin to get every thing i am going to work and get anything and evey thing it is going to be very expensive but i get a discount athe the polaris store. so here are some of the things i am getting right now:
-nerf bars (reduce weight) -50 pounds
-work shocks (no more bottoming out and better handling)
-hotseat 2.5 inch extended swing arm -8 pounds
-taking out stater (to reduce weight) -4 pounds
-hotseat steering post (takes of 2.5 pounds) -2.5pounds
-42mm carb
-600cc big bore kit
-split break lines
-removing airbox
-taking off battery save alot of weight -15 pounds
-taking of lights -1 pound
-taking off fan (suposubly saves 15 pounds) -15 pounds
-megamaxII sparkarestor all ready have -5 pounds
-takingofffourwheel drive -50 pounds
over all weight savings 150 pounds
so i can get it around to a good 420 pounds aint that great do you know any other way to save weight 420 pounds is not to bad i would like to have it near 400 or less how much do alluminum rims take off??well thanks please reply

Old 07-07-2001, 07:35 AM
Range Rover

articcatsux,

It depends on the particular wheels. IMHO, the .190 aluminum rims are at least as heavy as their steel counterparts, more so if you get beadlocks or reinforcing rings on them. Once upon a time I weighed my steel wheels with their stock Goodyear tires on them. They weighed the same as my ITP .190 wheels with Holeshot XCs on them. Now it could be the fact that the tire is heavier (6 ply XCs vs. 2 ply Goodyears), but I don't think so.

Old 07-07-2001, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

That sounds like it will rip! But you will not save 50 lbs on installing nerfs. Mine are actually the same weight as the stock floorboards or very close. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2001, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man i was thinking about getting a scrambler or a 400ex, but if i could make the scrambler considerably faster it would definatily be my choice. could you please tell me where to get the 600 kit, how much it costs, etc. and when ya get all of the stuff on please send me a private message and tell me how she RUNS! thanx alot, well ttyl, cya

Old 07-07-2001, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man i was thinking about getting a scrambler or a 400ex, but if i could make the scrambler considerably faster it would definatily be my choice. could you please tell me where to get the 600 kit, how much it costs, etc. and when ya get all of the stuff on please send me a private message and tell me how she RUNS! thanx alot, well ttyl, cya

Old 07-07-2001, 08:06 PM
Trailblazer

where are you going to get different shocks?

Old 07-07-2001, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

one more thing, you might consider putting smaller wheels on the rear for quicker acceleration. I did, on my Scambler and it took off like a mad man! You could really feel the power! P.S. I have some brand new Titan Fast Trekkers for sale, NEVER used!

Old 07-07-2001, 09:30 PM
Range Rover

jondeer78,

Try Works Performance. This will straighten your Scrambler out. Trust me, I'm a Works believer.

Old 07-08-2001, 01:37 PM
Range Rover

well if nerfs dont work could i just go to pegs or would that be hard to race with are you sure they weight the same what brand did you use i am planing on using hot seat and they said there would be a weight reduction? ask uflg95 he knows were to get the 600cc kit from. i am also thinking about getting wheels spacers or do you know anybody who makes extended a arms that would be nice no more tipping. do you think i should change my sprocket size for more topend or lowend.iam adding up how much this project is going to cost i will tell you in a wile thanks for the replys by the way hyper sport have you ever raced your sport or considered it that thing is mad!!! well got to go if i want money for it then i have to work. later

Old 07-08-2001, 03:31 PM
Range Rover

when i added evey thing up it came to around 3000 bucks thats just for the essintials i am going to get better brakes(any sugestions)
front bumper (any sugestions) i was wandering should i get a durablue axle wil the stock one handle racing? oh i cant wait to pull up to the starting line up next to a bunch of exs and seeing there faces[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].i was also thiniking do you think i could take a stock banshee with this bad boy? i am pretty sure it will with the 600 kit another question i was wondering does any one make an aftermaket foot break kit i just dont like the way this one works it is so high i was thinking like one off of a 400ex? will it work. what things should i be carfull of when doing this?? i am not going to do it right away i am going to work for the money then buy all the stuff and do it during winter then when i get done it will be spring and i can ride. i have got new black plastic for it does any one know were i can get 600 stickers i was thinking from there snowmobiles?? it is goin to have scrambler x stickers on it. also i am goin to get renthatl handle bars what bend should i get people say cr low bend is the best what do you think??

Quick Reply: making my scram full race!!!