Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Finish on SP500 RSE

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2000, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SWAC,

Hate to break it to you buddy but floodrunner may be on to something with that RED comment. ... or so I thought until I read that Bill C's machine is a green one.

Isn't it nice to have friends ...

DJ

Old 01-24-2000, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Deej,

A fellow Canadian. I'm out on the East Coast . . . Newfoundland. If you are ever in this neck of the woods drop me a line.

Loyal

Old 01-24-2000, 11:14 AM
Range Rover

The Canadians are coming, The Canadians are coming! With the biggest back yard anywhere, and endless opportunities to challenge the quad makers reliability is what we get to do, yeehaa!

Old 01-24-2000, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

YOU canadians sure know how to hurt a guy all this talk of red and green and hiding,and me with two YELLOW ones on the way.Guess I better stay this side of border.Only kidding of course,some of my best friends are Canadians.(PETERSBROUGH)

------------------
THE FORMER CORNCOB2

Old 01-24-2000, 11:45 PM
Range Rover

Hey Chickenman, If that Yellow color would have been available when I picked up one, I would have bought Yellow. I had a chance to get a look at the yellow one, and I'll tell ya, its a sweet color.

Old 01-25-2000, 12:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here in Texas the 500RSE's are also around $800 more. They do though have of course the camo, front and rear tube bumpers...the front has a winch mount. They have the front rack extender (opposed to only rear), and come with some hunting accessories like saddle bags etc....

Old 01-25-2000, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

I liked the RSE as well, but worried about the camo cover(and the price!), so I got a green one with the RSE bumpers.

Glenn. (Another Canadian!)

Old 01-25-2000, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

CHICKENman,

There will be no hiding those yellow beasts. You may have to wear sunglasses until you get them dirty. Remember the old Barbardier ad for the Sea-Doo XP - "who you call'in yellow ..."

One of my neighbors has one ordered. I will be interested to see it in real life.

GlennS,

Once I heard some of the comments on chipping I was particularly concerned given the temperature extremes we get here in Ottawa. RSE looks good but I guess its not for me.

DJ

Old 01-25-2000, 02:12 PM
Range Rover

Ya, gets pretty cold here in Calgary too. Last time out it was -25C. The SP500 fired right up though.

Glenn.

Old 01-25-2000, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

I was at my atv's dealership this saturday. I saw the sp500 rse and I saw the yellow sp 500. They had an xpedition 325 cc there to. I
also thought the sp500 rse was beautiful and I was rubbing the material. It does feel like
running in the woods and rubbing against the trees and brush will damage it. I thought the
the yellow sp500 was great looking to but for
me in northern minnesota woods, a bit too bright. I own the year 2000 polaris expedition 425 cc and I bought the sold chestnut color. I also dont want my atv to stand out in the woods because I park it and go hunt and hope that no one messes with it. Yes, it can be found but a bright color that much easier. I was suprised that my dealer had the xpedition 325 in the shop but not the
425 cc. They said the 425 was selling slow and maybe they think the 325 xpedition will sell better. The feb. dirtwheels xpedition 325 review was not so hot. My solid color is holding up well. I dont even see any scratches in it yet and I have slaped alot of
brush. For the 500 rse, isn't there some kind of clear coat that could be brushed on to protect it. Like varnish, schalack is for wood. Something for the plastic. I thought that the people that wanted a color for show, the yellow sp was very attractive. By the way. My polaris dealer had a new year 2000 parts and new products catalog for polaris atv's. They gave me one and I found some interesting stuff in it. I ordered a front tow hook and a tire repair kit from the dealer. In the book was a list of tires that will fit on the new polaris atv's. I hope to use it as a guide when I buy new tires this spring. It was a fun time at the atv store any way and looking over the atv's. I noticed
that the xpedition 325 cc was air cooled where my xpedition 425 is liquid cooled. You guys might want to go to your dealers place and ask them for a copy of there year 2000 catalog.

rangerchet, polaris xpedition 425 cc 5 speed.
review was not real good.

Quick Reply: Finish on SP500 RSE