Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scramblermobile

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2000, 11:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I woke up yesterday morning to CNBC as usual and saw all the snow that was dumped durring the night on the news report ( 6 inches or so ). " Wholy S**T ", I thought to my self as i sprung out of bed to see if it was true. " Wow ", i said as i noticed that it was true and that the plow trucks in my town weren't even out yet. I immediately got dressed, went out side and pull started my dead scrambler 500 which was almost totaly burried in a snow drift. It took three pulls to get it going. Once the bike was cleaned off and warmed up i was on my way. Causing all kinds of havoc on the back roads of my town. The snow was a little thick but the 4wd and awsome power kept me going. The 4wd drive is awsome because when you go around a turn you just nail the gas and the bike tries to go where ever it is aimed at. I was sideways was around every turn. I rode through the back roads of three towns until the plow trucks were everywhere and the streets started to become clear.

I decided to go back to my house and plow the driveway. I don't have a plow so i used an old door which i placed sideways in front of my quad. It worked O.K. but some times i ran the door over.

Chris Picciotto
99 Scrambler 500

Old 01-26-2000, 12:03 PM
Range Rover

Hey Chris, Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun! But I just can't resist...Jeff Foxworthy , "you might be a redneck if you've ever used a door for a plow on yer quad!"

------------------
Donald J. Dickinson 99 Magnum 500, 99 Sport 400L Ooh yeah!

Old 01-26-2000, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

I woke up to 9 1/2 inches of snow at 4:00am and struggled to not go out in it until 5:30AM just so I would not wake the neighbors up and I came home around 11:00pm. We had a great ride, I lead most of the way to make tracks for everybody else to follow. My scrambler with 25s all around barely would make it, it would push snow up in front and then stop. We had snow drifts 2 to 3 feet high and it was awesome. Stock tire scramblers could not make fresh tracks without getting stuck, only a Sportsman 400 and my scrambler were trail makers. We decided to hit the roads since no traffic was on them and we had 10 ATVS. We drove over a hundred miles thru the city and college campuses and past many college bars where everybody was hooting and hollerin as we rode by, it was the most fun I've had on an atv. I think the limit on riding through snow has to be around 12" cause we did struggle in places and if it snowed more we would not have made it. Chris that's a good one about the doorplow! I am going to get the photos developed today, so I should have them on my pic site by tonight if I don't go riding all night.

------------------
Steve Thompson

Old 01-26-2000, 12:30 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like we got another stocker in the post.

Yeah, I guess I just might be a red neck with the door plow thing.

A universal plow set up is like $1000 or something. The door was free and it worked to some extent.

Chris Picciotto
99 Scrambler 500