Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV Sport article... RCR kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the low end kit

It will wheelie like nothing.

Just sit back on the seat, rev it up a little then nail it, the front end will keep coming up till you let off!

I got my first real ride with it yesterday.

Most of the hills i went up before, it would start to loose power at the top, now it just flys all the way!

------------------
Aaron

1997 TrailBlazer: RCR Lowend kit, Red Plastic, ITP Aluminum Wheels, and Holeshots all around

Old 01-30-2000, 09:21 AM
Pro Rider

Mike,
My gf's will wheelie a with some "help". I need to brake rev the motor. I had Rick send me a tamer primary spring then he usually sends with the kit. My gf doesn't like the way my Scrambler engages & she said she didn't want hers "too" high either. It engages higher than stock, but not as high as what Rick originally was going to send. I would imagine if the TB had some more RPM before it "kicked in" wheelies would be easier. On the TB I have to hold the brake to do it. Maybe with a different spring you can just goose it. You should hear that Ritter pipe when we rode in the snow the other day. When you first start it, it sounds like a popcorn machine! I have a midrange pipe on it. It did help on top end some. And on the bottom too. I thought about a sprocket change to get more top speed out of it but I like the way it has more muscle out of the corner & turns now & I didn't want to lose that. Let me know what you think & if you do any other changes. Yeah a 38mm seems big on a TB. Are you going to try the Sports old 34mm on it? My friend has rode the TB before when he & I go riding. He was really impressed with it. Usually he is trying to weasle his way onto my Scrambler. The next time after He & I went after I put the RCR kit on the TB I asked if he wanted to switch for awhile. He said "No I'm fine." I thought wow that RCR stuff has helped enough he doesn't want more power!
Either that or it was because I was wheelieing up a couple hills & he thought maybe he might do it on accident
I also put a different secondary spring (lavender) in the clutch on the TB. I'm not really sure it did much though...
The TB's best improvement in my opinion is the way it takes off. More oomph!
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.

Old 01-30-2000, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

'97 TB,
Do you have any pics of your quad? I'd like to see a TB with nice rims etc.
c-ya,

------------------
Andrew Thomas

'99 Scrambler 400 & '99 Trailblazer, both with RCR mods.