Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hot August Nights in Reno NV...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 03:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone's coming to Reno Nevada this weekend for Hot August Nights? If so are you going to bring your quad? I've also been wondering if anyone from these boards lives in the Reno area? I live out by the stead airport and ride back on all the trails around here. They just gated up this big rock pit that was really fun to ride in and I've been looking for some more places to jump and climb tall steep hills...so if anyone knows of some good places let me know.

Old 08-01-2001, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, wow! I used to live in Reno, in Hidden Valley, right up against the mountain. This was back in.....1980 - 1986! I was 9 when I moved there! I remember Hot August Nights, too! I think they used to run it in front of the Peppermill!

Reno would be an awesome place to ride quads! Do you ever go up on Peavine and ride? Or in the desert between Hidden Valley and Virginia City?

Old 08-01-2001, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

I ride out in the Red Rock area which is Northern Reno. There's a bunch of dirt bike tracks and mining areas out here to ride in. I've only lived here just over a year and really like being able to ride right from my house. Trails are about two blocks away from my house and the only problem I've found so far is you can end up lost real easy out here...there must be thousands of trails in just this area. You could ride all the way to Oregon and Idaho from here. There is also a shifter kart track right behind the airport here that looks like a lotta fun. Between muscle cars, guns and ATV's I can't find the money for a shifter kart right now...those thing are kinda spendy. There's Sand Mountain in Fallon, NV and that's a cool place to ride. I think it's about 600 feet tall and all Sand. I'll have to check out the area your talking about. I've been to Virginia City and saw a bunch of trails on the way up but no where to park. I want to go ride in the Black Rock Desert too...looks like a lotta fun out there.

Old 08-01-2001, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

I remember Sand Mountain. We went out there a couple of times, and I got to ride in this guy's rail. I think that was the first time I ever went duning!

I love AZ, but I miss Reno sometimes. I don't think people realize how cool it is to live somewhere where there is forest on one side of the city, and desert on the other! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Good luck, and have fun! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]