Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

All of the new rumors for 02

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awspme if you dont want to but them on here you can E-mail them to me!!!

Old 08-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Are you serious? Geez, with all this anticipation you should charge $10 per person to view them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

-Josh

Old 08-03-2001, 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Scott,

YES please drive to Roseau and get some pics, and get some good ones.

post them here ASAP

later
jon

Old 08-03-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

For those that have not seen the recent posts about this, Polaris Industries registered www.sportsman700.com back in June. There can only be one reason for them to register this domain name.

Old 08-03-2001, 05:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think you guys need to get a little patience. Why do you think they havent put it on the net yet. Maybe they want it to be a surprise. Maybe they arent done with it yet. I know for a fact they have a new sport quad coming out. I live 15 miles from the roseau factory. And i have lots of family that works there and has told me about the quad. But if you guys are to impatient to wait. Go ahead buy a honda or yamadog. Just dont come whining to us when polaris releases their quad and you want on bad but you already have a new one.

c ya

Old 08-03-2001, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

I have emailed Polaris two times. And BOTH times I have gotten very timely responses. So I have no complaint with their customer service.

Old 08-03-2001, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

Good job 250sxMAN, I see you live in badger, I only live a short distance away from you. And yes, the 700 was supposed to be kinda a suprise, its just that ceratin people in heare cannot wait!

Old 08-04-2001, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

I wasnt trying to start a lets bash Polaris customer service. My main point was, as the 4x4 leader for a few years running why sit back and watch the other manufacturers release quads that now Polaris will have to be compared to instead of keeping a step ahead of the competition. Lets face it the bar has been raised by Yamaha and Kawasaki and now Polaris has to keep pace. An earlier post was accurate about how quickly things change and why wait to be the biggest or fastest. The only reason I chose to wait was because of the fact that I have had such a great and reliable ride with my Scrambler.
I dont think many buyers for the 4x4's are to worked up about being the fastest guy on the planet, I know thats not my biggest concern. I also dont think that it should be considered impatient to hope for your manufacturer of choice to be somewhat inline with the other companys. The idea that Polaris might be trying to "keep it a surprise" baffles me, whatever happened to wetting the appetite of the consumer. Shouldnt Polaris be trying to sell us a quad instead of us begging for something new.
With all of that said I'll still be sitting here waiting to see the "surprise" "all new" "badder than anything else" whatever it maybe quad.
I sure hope its worth it Polaris.

Old 08-04-2001, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

I think these guys talking about the new 700 are full of it. I've had 6 Polaris quads and now have none. They have good handling and suspension, but those Fugi motors belong in a fork lift or something where lots of weight and not much power are what's needed. My new Grizz hauls a$$, and with the wide track treatment, which it needed badly, handles as well as my old H.O. The difference is when you push the gas, it actually accelerates. Top speed is about the same though, about 64 mph. You can see the lengths Yamaha went to in order to keep the weight down to 600 lbs.
The Polaris handling and suspension and auto trannys are great for beginners and riders who don't ask a lot from their rides. Brand loyalty is BULL$hit! Find what works for you, buy it and ride!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2001, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

<< I've had 6 Polaris quads and now have none. They have good handling and suspension.....My new Grizz hauls a$$, and with the wide track treatment, which it needed badly, handles as well as my old H.O.
The Polaris handling and suspension and auto trannys are great for beginners and riders who don't ask a lot from their rides
>>

In the second paragraph, you state that all those feature on the Polaris are for beginers and those that don't require much from thier machines. Why is it then that you state in the first paragraph that you had to modify your Grizz to make it &quot;handle as well as my old HO.&quot; And if you have not looked at your Grizz lately, almost all the features on it are original Polaris designs, such as the suspension, auto tranny, floorboards, and big bore engine (most of which the industry though was a joke when they first came out). Sure, the Grizz may have improved on those features, but they are still the same basic thing. Keep in mind that the Polaris is using designs from the mid 90's. The Grizz is all new. That is what makes this industry so good. One guys makes something, a short time later another improves it, so the first guy tries to outdo the second guy again. It is a cycle that works in our favor. It's what makes the industry compeditive. If companies did not do this, we would all still be riding around on 3&quot; suspension 200cc machines.

Quick Reply: All of the new rumors for 02