Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

some not so good and exciting news...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 02:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's reality check time guys, my church's youth minister's 13 year old son got killed today while riding his ATV in his backyard.
I would give details, but this is all that I have heard, just that he flipped it on top of himself, and his dad walked out and found him. Man, that really sucks for the family. The boy did NOT know anything about riding ATVs, and to my knowledge didn't ride one regularly.
This is very sad times, it kind of puts the scheme of things into perspective, and makes you realize that the things that you think are most important, actually mean nothing.
I was having this conversation with my parents for some odd reason, i'm 18...and I realized that "to me" an ATV would be a good way to go when it's your time, but try telling that to my or your family, and see what they think.
This is going to add up as another statistic to try to shut us down, and take away our quads. We must take some kind of preventative action to stop this from happening.

I guess that I am saying just be careful, because you never know when it could be you...it was almost me last year...

Old 08-07-2001, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm sorry to hear about that. i'm 15 and i have turned mine over on its side and my stepbrother has had it completly flipped over and on top of him and it rolled down the ill. i always worry everytime that i go riding. i always let my dad help me on spots that i'm uncomfortable with.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]