Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 05:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-17-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Faster thats one bada$$ looking quad dude

how much does it weight? i know it cant weight much.cause u have done alot more than i have to mine.

by the way do u like the hpd pipe u have on it? i wished i would have got that pipe instead of the one i got i may have to order that one too lol

Old 09-17-2001, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

Bermbanger;
Thanks! The bike is 100% HPD except for the 44mm Lectron alky carb and Mikuni fuel pump. The swingarm is chromoly and 5" over from Bad Boys. I've got an aluminum sprocket hub and tie rods coming soon. Front brakes are removed and hubs machined for lightening. I run no shifter and reverse gear has been removed from the tranny. The rear brake rotor is drilled for weight savings and better cooling. A custom billet aluminum intake had to be constructed to accept the large carb. The HPD pipe and silencer have been Jet-Hot coated. Most electronics removed along with rear brake pedal. The front tires are even lightened Triple Buff Smoothies from Scat Trak. The rear shock is revalved for my weight and riding style. The list goes on and on. Yes; I have a very understanding Wife and excellent life insurance!

Old 09-17-2001, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

so! come on dont hold out on me how much that thing weight?

also how does the pipe work?

Old 09-17-2001, 11:27 PM
Range Rover

I honestly don't know the weight yet. The pipe is awesome and I've tried all but the PSI. This pipe rocks! It has all the torque one needs for trail riding along with a screaming midrange to top end pull. The powerband is smooth and broad. No abrupt hit like a Banshee pipe. The fit is a little questionable, but workable.

Old 09-18-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Very nice! I like the looks of that hot coated pipe..it almost looks like chrome.

I'm in the process of lightening my Sport and the new plastic will be on soon. I've not talked to for awhile but since the last time we communicated I blew the motor up on the Sport. A ring got caught on the unchamfered exhaust port and ripped a piece of the piston off. I'm sure you know how the dome must look. Anyway, Ritter is boring the cylinder for a big bore piston and rebuilding the bottom end.

Your Sport looks great. Keep up the good work.

Jay

Old 09-18-2001, 01:00 AM
Range Rover

Hey! Jay.
Who didn't champher your exhaust port? That sucks! Are you going with a Wiseco Hot Rod kit for the bottom end? Good luck and stay in touch.
Thanks for the compliment.

Old 09-18-2001, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

Very nice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Mine is no slug but I would hate to line up next to you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2001, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

Jay, as in Jason fro Midwest?

Old 09-18-2001, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I must say that that has to be the best looking Sport I've seen. I love the trimmed plastic. Are you running 22" Haulers? It looks like the front is completely empty! Hehe, I love Banshee eatin' Polaris'. Do you still need Kelly's number? I'm sorry it's takin forever, I keep forgetting. I'll get it to you soon. What do you need him for anyways? Well, I hope to see you soon at the dunes.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My new pics