Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hotseat performance info?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone here ever dealt with this Polaris performance company, good or bad comments?

Old 10-26-2001, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Do a search for HSP. We just went through this a few weeks ago. The majority of responses were of negative content.

As much as I've done to my bike the only HSP part is my +swingarm, only because they are the only company to offer one.

Old 10-26-2001, 12:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I've always had exceptional service at Hot Seat. Chromoly steering stem, extended swingarm, Durablue wide axle and front wheel spacers, 42mm carb. I know there are some negatives, but they've been nothing but great to me.....and this is coming from Mr. HPD. I think others will agree, HPD (Rick Ritter also sells their products) is the ticket for engine performance, and Hot Seat is a great source for the chassis components. One recommendation that resonates throughout, stick with one manufacurere when it comes to your pipe/clutch kit combo. They are normally developed to work in symphony.

KT

Old 10-26-2001, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have good and bad with HSP. They sold me a 38mm TMX carb for my 99TB that they said would increasce throttle responce and power. It gave me nothing but trouble. I had to constantly fiddle with it. There clutch "kits" are good but stay away from the pipes! Lastly, I think there accessories are very good but there "testing" of speed parts is not up to par with HPD or RCR.

Old 10-27-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Tried to e-mail HPD twice from their website asking for info and neither one was answered which did not strike me as good customer service to start out with. Who is this Rick Ritter, have read a couple things on him?

Old 10-27-2001, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from all I have read in here he is the one to do bus. with.

Old 10-27-2001, 07:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Darrell doesn't have much time for the computer, he's more of a phone guy. Pick up the phone, they're very helpful and nice people....RCR and Hot Seat are also nice to deal with. One word about Hot Seat. They are VERY busy, like HPD in the R&D operations. This time of year Hot Seat is primarily focused on snowmobile products, so patients with them gets you a long ways. With any of the sources, I always try to keep my questions as short as possible, and right to the point. Don't be intimidated by them, they all want your business. Just as a common courtesy be nice, and most of the time it will mirror itself right back at you.

Good Luck,
KT

Old 10-27-2001, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

The folks at Hot Seat were good to me. Helped me with jetting and clutching for one of their pipes that I bought used from another rider. Everything was done via e-mail, quickly and completely to my satisfaction. I have also dealt a little with HPD and had a good experience with them too.

Old 10-27-2001, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Very poor fit on the pipe I recieved for my HO. Exchanged it and took it to HSP and still a poor fit. Never much of a problem getting info from them though.

Old 10-27-2001, 10:34 PM
Trailblazer

Just got to http://www.rittercycle.com and u will be satisfied.

Quick Reply: Hotseat performance info?