Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

WTB Sportsman 700 Accessories/Parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 04:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 700 owners! Anybody tried to get maintenance items like Oil Filters yet? Or how about Winch Mounts or Bumpers? Everyone I ask just looks at me blankly (even my selling dealer). I have e-mailed Polaris (twice) and even written a letter- NO RESPONSE! Does anyone have any information as to when Polaris will start to have parts and accesories out at the dealerships for this model? I was told by my dealer that Sportsman 500 class accessories do NOT fit this model (it's not a Gen 4 body- Gen 5???)

Old 11-06-2001, 05:22 PM
Range Rover

Good Luck! I've called every dealer in Houston just trying to find an oil filter and even those are on back-order. Your supposed to do the first oil and filter change at around 200 miles or 20 hours so I guess I'm just supposed to park this thing until I get a filter? For now I've just changed the oil and left the original filter.

I do know you can order the easy access radiator cover. They seem to have plenty of those back at Polaris for all of us who have already lost theirs. My friend's shop (Bert's Dirt Works) has been able to get lots of front and rear CV axles for the 700. Go figure! Atleast I know if I break a CV, I won't be out of commission long.

Old 11-06-2001, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

Jack3689,
I know exactly how you feel. This is getting very frustrating to have had the bike for just over five weeks and not being able to get any accessories. The oil filters are available through the dealers. I paid approximately $14.00 for one. I tried to have Advance Auto cross it over to another brand but they were unable to do so. My friend who also has a 700 got a NAPA Gold series for approximately $5.00 but I don't know the part number. I will get it from him the next time I see him. The same friend and another friend also with a 700 adapted the 500SP rear bumper and the grille guard to their 700s and built winch mounts. Looks pretty good but I am waiting to see the bumpers and winch mount built specifically for the 700. My dealer has had the winch kit on order for quite some time and says it is due in any time. I also called Warn to see when they would have the winch mount available and they told me they were building it exclusively for Polaris and will not be offering the mount to the public. This is a bummer when you can buy the winches for so much cheaper elsewhere in the aftermarket. I also E-mailed Polaris concerning the winch mount and bumpers. It took them three weeks to reply. They said the winch kit is available now and the bumpers are in the final stages of development. It is too bad they could not have had the accessories available at the same time the bikes were released. It sounds like poor planning to me. I guess we will have to be patient and hurry up and wait unless we want to modify existing accessories to fit. Still, 700 RULES!

Old 11-06-2001, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

I already installed a new Warn A2000 and the snow plow. Only took two days to get them. My only complaint is that you have to buy the whole manual lift kit just to get the front mounting bracket,I lift my plow with the winch.Didnt check on any other accessories.

Old 11-07-2001, 08:51 AM
Range Rover

Thanks everyone for the info.

YamaHonda: I am getting REAL close to the 20hr break-in oil change now too and was hoping I wouldn't have to change the oil (at $7/qt!) and leave the old filter in place. It looks more and more like that is what I am going to have to do! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

700guy: Thanks for the effort in locating the NAPA filter your buddy used. If Polaris can't deliver soon that is what I will do. I think that Polaris spent so much time developing and then getting this bike to market that they probably didn't even begin to think about accessories/parts until after the first vehicles were at the dealers. That is too bad, as my dealer would have made an easy $500 more on me had winches/mounts/bumpers been available!

puller: Where did you get the mounts for your winch? Did you have to buy the 500HO mounts and modify?

Old 11-07-2001, 08:58 AM
Range Rover

700guy:<<<I also called Warn to see when they would have the winch mount available and they told me they were building it exclusively for Polaris and will not be offering the mount to the public.>>>

Warn told me that they would be producing a fixed winch mount for this bike and that it would probably be "after the first of the year" before they were available. They did not mention either way if it was going to be sold exclusivly through Polaris or not - but I don't doubt that it will. They also said that they were not currently working on a Multimount system for this bike but that the status may change eventually.

Old 11-07-2001, 10:23 AM
Range Rover

Jack3689,
My friend with the part number for the NAPA Gold series oil filter is out of town until tomorrow. As soon as I can get in touch with him I will post the part number on this thread.

Old 11-07-2001, 10:49 AM
Range Rover

<< Jack3689,
My friend with the part number for the NAPA Gold series oil filter is out of town until tomorrow. As soon as I can get in touch with him I will post the part number on this thread.
>>

Sweet! Thanks!

Old 11-07-2001, 12:23 PM
Range Rover

Are all you 700 owners that got their bikes in Sept. or Oct. aware that the $69.00 Warn 2000 winch deal now applies to 700s beginning Nov. 1? I called my dealer to see if this would apply retroactively. The employee doesn't think anything can be done but requested I call back and talk to the owner when he is available. Has anyone checked into this yet? I will update this post after I talk to the owner of the dealership where I purchased my 700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2001, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

<< Are all you 700 owners that got their bikes in Sept. or Oct. aware that the $69.00 Warn 2000 winch deal now applies to 700s beginning Nov. 1? I called my dealer to see if this would apply retroactively. The employee doesn't think anything can be done but requested I call back and talk to the owner when he is available. Has anyone checked into this yet? I will update this post after I talk to the owner of the dealership where I purchased my 700. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] >>

Just called my dealer, they told me to call Polaris at 763-542-0500. Polaris says NO, sorry. Guess I should have waited 2 more weeks to buy mine!

FYI- I did get part numbers for the Warn Winch kits:
Warn 2000# kit w/ mount: 2874036 $450
Warn 2500# kit w/ mount: 2873459 $590

Quick Reply: WTB Sportsman 700 Accessories/Parts