Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Rear end falls out of '01 325 Magnum at 10 hours.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 07:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A client of mine in northern MI. claims his clean (not beaten on) Magnum fell apart where the two swingarm bshgs. meet the frame. This took out a couple other items and may have been the result of a set screw(?) backing off and loosening the other side. Can anybody in here help him out with info that may make relating this problem to the dealer more productive? Hasn't had time to bring it in(of course it's a month or two out of warranty), but will soon. Thanks in advance for your help.

John

'00 SP500

Old 11-08-2001, 02:30 PM
Trailblazer

<< A client of mine in northern MI. claims his clean (not beaten on) Magnum fell apart where the two swingarm bshgs. meet the frame. This took out a couple other items and may have been the result of a set screw(?) backing off and loosening the other side. Can anybody in here help him out with info that may make relating this problem to the dealer more productive? Hasn't had time to bring it in(of course it's a month or two out of warranty), but will soon. Thanks in advance for your help.

John

'00 SP500
>>

I had the same problem with my 99' Xplorer. What happened was that one of the two big brass bolts that fasten the swing arm loosened and backed out of the hole(near the engine). When that happened I was going about 25mph and the swing arm flew out the side. It totaled the frame bending the hell out of it(because the one bolt was still attached semi). It was a tough call to get Polaris to send a new frame. It took forever and my dealership had to fight for it. 30 hours of Labor, and a warranty cost of over $2,500 is what it took to get it going again. 200 miles later my engine grenaded and blew apart, now I have a new engine in there as well... Not too bad I almost have an entire new ATV.

If it's out of warranty I dunno, Polaris has a &quot;goodwill&quot; where they try and help people out of warranty but only a few months after the warranty runs out. I would hope that he might lie about when it happened and tell them it happened under warranty.

Old 11-08-2001, 06:20 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds to me like you need to do a little preventative maintenance. There is nothing wrong with Polaris quads, just their owners.

Old 11-08-2001, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

Hey jackass, My quad had 70 miles on it when it happened.

Old 11-08-2001, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

A lot of quads have their swingarms fall off, that is why the manual says to check the tightness of all the nuts and bolts before you go out riding. A quad is only as good as how you take care of it.

Old 11-08-2001, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

HAHAHAHA Yeah right. Every nut and bolt huh? I'm raising the BS flag on you for mocking me when I know you don't do that everytime.

Nobody does.

95 Scambler eh? That's a lot of bolt checking for the last 6 years huh?

Old 11-08-2001, 09:09 PM
Range Rover

Deal it. I don't know about you ,but I'd get rid of that lemon in a heart beat. I'd go with another brand. Nothing wrong with Polaris, but after your experience I try something else.

Old 11-08-2001, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Chub is correct. You should check every nut and bolt on your quad before every ride. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

I'm planning a ride on Jan 14th... I'm going to start checking tomorrow so I can be ready [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2001, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

Ummm My ride was to go get my mail at the end of my driveway... Should I of still checked the bolts?

Old 11-08-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

All the way to the mailbox... you should have checked them twice for that ride. I would suggest loading it in your trailer and driving all the way there next time.

Check your trailer bolts first though... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rear end falls out of '01 325 Magnum at 10 hours.....