Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Do women like quads?......

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 06:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if women enjoy riding quads or they consider it a mens' leisure.....here in europe is not so easy to see nice ladies around with quads....yet....!!??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2001, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer

Well here in America you can meet some hot girls on atv's

Old 11-11-2001, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

I see many women on quads. They mainly go with their hubands/boyfriends/children to enjoy the outdoors with them. Most women would probably not go with other women. I have seen some of the toughest and some of the wimpiest types of women on sport quads and utlity quads.

To give some advice to a woman buying a quad. Do not assume that the smallest, cheapest quad is good enough, even though you think your man has gone to extremes with the fastest and fanciest. Try to get something that resembles his in major features such as 4x4 or not, 2 stroke or 4. If he has a 600-700cc machine, don't think that you will be happy with your 250cc for too long. Try to go for at least 400cc.

-Familiarize yourself thoroughly with the brakes. Most beginners panic in a simple situation because they forgot how the brakes work.
-Lean in the direction of a fairly steep hill.
-Do not go up too steep of a hill with a rider or other heavy thing on the back.

there is a lot more to learn, but it is worth it.

Old 11-11-2001, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

You sure asked that question in the right ATV forum... Polaris machines are perfect for women... automatic trannies and single lever braking go a long way to making machines easier to ride. Now if they only came with cell phones you couldn't keep girls away from these things!!!

(this post was meant to be humorous...)

Old 11-11-2001, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

NYROC, I got a question for yah. I drive truck for a living, recently while traveling down the NY tollway just to the East of Rochester I noticeed what appeared to be a atv trail right along the tollway ditch! Is this a legal trail or just the work of daring desperate riders?

Old 11-12-2001, 04:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

alaska yfm, good one !

Old 11-12-2001, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer

Riding along the NYS Thruway is not allowed, but I've done it. You can get a ticket if the DEC is patrolling. Snowmobiles use those trails too, but that is probably OK since they have a better reputation than ATVs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 11-12-2001, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

There are actually a lot of places that are legal to ride, right around rochester. There is a tail that goes all the way to buffalo (have to cross roads) and on that goes all the way east to lowville.

They aren't advertized, but the more I ask, the more I learn. I talk to rider when I see then on a trail and see what they know. I have been writing the info down, just have not had time to check out all the trails. Lots of places to ride, just does not appear so to the perspective of a new ATV owner.

I have been fortunate enough to make friends with ATV owners and now I have too many places to ride. Can't keep track.

Yup, seen lots of Women riding polaris sportsman and kawasaki prairie.

Old 11-12-2001, 06:06 PM
Trailblazer

Not many of my girlfriends like riding, but I LOVE it! I have a blast on my Scram500 4x4!

Old 11-13-2001, 04:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

WoW !! finally a "real" response from the gentle sex![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Do women like quads?......