Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RRRRRRR &%^*($# Polaris!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,
I didn't say your first 10 posts. I was talking about the first 10 posts I found...which happened to be the last ten you posted.
Now, I would like to apologize for what I said in the earlier posts. Looking back, I did seem out of line. Sorry again.

Rancheres,
Polaris Love clan? Hardly. You will usually not see me saying much about loving or hating polaris, rather, I stay on the technical side of things. Go ahead, do a seach with my name a see. Sure, there are a couple pro-polaris posts, but not many compared to the other ones.

Old 11-12-2001, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

Polaris ATV's sure are interesting! They make them overweight, and then put the cheapest chain and thin brake pads in the world. Very interesting....Reminds me of years ago, when I used to only buy Imported cars because I was stranded too many times in my domestic vehicles....now I drive a chevy, which has been better than my nissan.

Until Polaris starts losing market share, or a increase in warranty work, we will still see coarse thredded screws,pop rivets, and english/metric fasteners.

Don't get me wrong, I love my scrambler, but wish I would have purchased the prairie instead.

Rainman
01 Sc 500 4x4

Broken

New Clutch Springs
New Chain
New Throttle Cable
New Needle & Seat
New gear shift handle
Rear brakes-Out of brake fluid???

Maintenance

Belt
Oil & Filter Change
Uni Air Filter
Hub Fluid
Front Diff Fluid
Tranny Fluid
13 Grease fittings
Brake Fluid

Add ons

Grips
Full Skids
Shock wears

Old 11-12-2001, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought five new polaris's In one year. Had to wrench on them all the time. polaris never changes . bought a 400ex and a 650 praire no problems one bit. junk

Old 11-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

Well it has been a long time since I have logged in here, but I thought I'd see how the 700 is doing. This fourm runs like a loop tape, same thing year after year. Everyone is bent so far to the left or right over Polaris quality, that facts and good info are lost in the verbal mud slinging.

Years ago Bill and Greg's strong commitment to Polaris coupled with thier intelligent posts, helped in my decision to buy a Polaris. And I loved it so. Fought to the end to defend the honor of the Polaris colors. Then it broke, often. Well being the true American I am, I jumped Ship and began Bashing Polaris.

But having thousands of dollars in the bike and low resale on the Xped, I opted to keep it(actually my wife said no, but that sounds better). I have Replaced and modified many things on the Xped, and now given time to calm down, I love the bike again(like a winning team), now that it runs. I have improved the durability of the bike and also adjusted how I ride.

I believe Polaris make a nice bike, and I hope they are learning as I did what can be done to improve to durability. So I was just looking around to see reports on Polaris' next generation of ATV, and all I find is 'is not", 'is to', 'He said'.

But it's all cool.

Old 11-12-2001, 09:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lurch,
thank you for your kind words.

Bill

Old 11-14-2001, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Well guys, I found out today that the throttle cable to the oil injection was locked up. They got the parts today and I should get it back tomorrow. I'm thinking that there must be a leak somewhere in that oil injection. It always froze up on me when in the cold and now it must have just rusted up enough to lock up. I'll see what they say when I pick it up.

Old 11-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Trailblazer

I've had my Scrambler for about a year and a half. I've only had to replace the brakes and steering bushings. I've always thought that when it comes to buying another atv, it will be a Polaris. After three friends bought a Polaris, I'm thinking twice. They all hate them after having more shop time than riding time. If only a Polaris rep would logg on and read what people are going through.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2001, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Well I'll be the first that Bill and I have had some battles. But here he is telling the truth, I have 3 friends with Polaris.
First a junk 94 Exploer, new engine and all.
Second 97 500 Explorer, new engine and has replaced 5 belts.
Third 01 500 HO. Gone through 2 belts already and broke the 4*4 system.
The HO, were were 100 miles in the woods when it blew the belt off, we had to cross a few swamps and because it was in HIGH range it must of gotten hot, we got onto the road and bang, pieces of the belt go through the Air vent, the lad was pissed, I had to tow him with my grizzly to the restaurant about half way, someone actually had a extra belt, oh ya they have a lifetime warranty, WHO CARES when your 100 miles in the bush. There clutch system is the same as a sled, not good, they need a V BELT type that will not blow belts. I pound my 2000 Grizz, I got 3800 km's and my buddy has 8000 on his grizz and has never had the cover off. The odds are not good here, my other friend has a 2001 kodiak with 3500 km's and has not had a problem with the belt. Water, mud, towing, working, and riding is what we do.
The proof is there, no bull just fact.
Good luck Bill,
if you do get the grizz, get the extended warranty just in case, it is a totally new machine. My cousin has it and has had stuck up to the fenders in mud and goo, and it does go farther than a HO in the mud too, why because it weights 125lbs lighter. He has had no problems at all with it, and his break inn was too hard I think but he is a HOnda man who just converted to Yamaha and he's in wonder land. OH ya you get a free Warren Winch with it, thats some bucks too.
Am I bullshiting, I don't think so.
2000 Grizz 3800km's (like a rock baby)

Old 11-16-2001, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Oh ya 1 more thing.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the SP's especially the yellow HO. I'd get one if I was a millionaire, but i'm not, so I need something that is dependable and tough, with a bit of everything that's why I went with the Grizzly.
Thanks

Old 11-16-2001, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

You are not alone Roofer, but I doubt all your problems can be blamed on the brand name. My personal experiance with Polaris has been pretty favorable. They require a lot of maintenance and they still believe in grease fittings! I bought a Po 7 years ago and have had hardly any probs except my belt cover warped and started rubbing against the clutch, I wrote Polaris and they said it was a "moving" part and shouldhave worn out. I've been watching the new cover but it ain't moved yet!! The dealer where I got mine stocks almost nothing in parts, if you want to change oil on a Saturday better order the filter in advance. While they are somewhat arrogant, the machine I bought has gone 1700 miles and never been towed or pushed and never been stuck as well. The Hondas I own are more refined but don't ride as well and time will tell if they hold up. I'd never discourage anyone from Polaris but I would against the dealer I got mine from. If its any solace I have seen the Po's pull many other brands back to the parking lot so they break as well. Good luck in the future!

02 Foreman ES 4x4 w/warn
02 Rancher ES 4x2 (wife)
95 Polaris 425 Magnum 4x4

Quick Reply: RRRRRRR &%^*($# Polaris!