Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Darn BIG Toe!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I was interupted during my lunch to look over a machine that a guy brought to our dealership to sell out-right for $500. I am responsible for looking over any trade-ins to establish what it is worth to us, a dealer.

I unwillingly went out to look at this POS to see if it is worth the $500 this guy wanted. I stepped outside to find a 86 250 Quadracer. At first sight I knew this thing was junk. Not worth $500 to us anyway. Well, I was told to look it over anyway. We got it down off the truck and tried to start it. The owner got it started so I climbed on to take it into my shop and it stalled. I thought I would just kick it right over and it would start right back up. Well, it didn't start right back up. I must have kicked this thing about 20 times. On my last kick, my foot come around and slammed right into the back of the foot rest. On this kick, I gave it eveything I had. It was hard enough to break my big toe. As I stood there trying to get over the initial pain, the owner standing there screaming "kick it again, kick it again". I strained real hard not to punch him in the mouth. Never did really get it started again until we pushed it in the shop and changed the plug.

The only good thing about this quad was the motor. Everything else was trashed. And I mean everything. As I knew it would turn out, we didn't buy it from the guy. I told the salesman that I will never look a quad over that is in that bad of shape again.

All I got out of it was a cold lunch and a broken toe. I never broke a toe. I've broke my hand three times and broke a few ribs but never a toe. I can tell you, I would gladly take a broken hand or ribs over this big toe.

Old 12-05-2001, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about the toe .........Hope you get better and heal fast. But it was a funny story. Thanks OhioScrambler[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-06-2001, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, the big toe feels alot better after a good nights sleep. My mom is a nurse and she is pretty mad that I didn't go to the hospital. Even though they would only x-ray it and say, "Yep, It's broke". They usually don't do anything for broken toes.

I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to ride for a while but I should be able to ride now as long as I wasn't being nuts.

Does anyone know what happened to the snow? It's December, right?