Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris' being used in Afghanistan

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to run down Polaris or anything, but I really think the main reason they are using Polaris is because they are made in America. Ol' "Dubyuh" is trying to keep the country pumped up with pride. Just my opinion.

Old 12-27-2001, 05:56 PM
Range Rover

People like me (Union Construction) like made in U.S.A.

Old 12-27-2001, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

MADE IN THE USA!!! thats why i ride a polaris 4x4 ,and i also ride a HARLEY! no rice burners for me.. bin lodin rides a 300 honda?

Old 12-27-2001, 08:52 PM
Range Rover

there are a lot of jap made parts on a H-D but some honda bikes are all american made !!!

Old 12-27-2001, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

''bin lodin rides a 300 Honda''

that 300 Honda will still be kicking LONG after the Polaris has DIED!

Old 12-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

So, where are the Fuji motors polaris uses made anyways? I think it says "fuji heavy motor corp" or something like that on the motors.
I saw some literature bragging on how the 700's motor was there first atv motor to be made in house.

Old 12-27-2001, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

True, Polaris uses Fuji made motors (same company makes Suburu cars). The 700, on the other hand, is 100% American, right down to the engine made and assembled in Wisconsin.

Talking about motorcycles, someone mentioned honda bikes are all American. That is only partly true. The Harley is still more American. Harley may have a few componants made over seas. But the Honda is only assembled in America. It is still made in Japan. And your hard earned dollar mostly goes to Japan too. Only a fraction stays in America to pay the assemblers.

Old 12-27-2001, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Yep saw the Polaris quads on the news tonight......I loved to see that. Made me proud to be an American.

Old 12-28-2001, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Actually, Polaris is no different then any other company here in the U.S. Do you really think they have a special plant to mill and bend all the steel/aluminum/plastic parts on a 4 wheeler? No they contract out most of there parts, to the lowest bidder. That company is not always in the U.S.A. Look at your carburator, it probably says Mukuni on one side and "assembled in mexico" on the other. Did you know Polaris gets it's snowmobile pistons from a eastern european company? (same place as ski-doo, built to different specs though obviously)
As for army using them, it just happens Polaris was the low bidder this year. Take for instance the messenger guys- Kawaski was just awarded the the contract to supply the armed services with special built KLF650 dualsport motorcycles. Why? Becuase Kawasaki was the lowest bidder for what the army asked for. (machines, service, extra options, etc..) I'm not trying to bash the USA or anything, but I want you all to know some facts before you start bragging about seeing an ATV on FOX news.

Old 12-28-2001, 07:41 PM
Trailblazer

Opps, I almost forgot to add something-
The armed services sent out a request to current car manufactures in the early 1940's with a specific set of qualifications it must have. Bantam was the 1st company to produce a "jeep" type vehicle. Ford and ****** copied Bantam's design. Unfortunatly for Bantam they were going thru financial difficulties, and was counting on the military contract to pull them out of the hole. *****'s and Ford were able to stall the Army testers long enough (1-2 years) that Bantam went out of business before they could be awarded the contract. Then it was between Ford and *****'s, and the contract was awarded to *****'s. The demand for them was very high, and for awhile, Ford was making "jeeps" almost identical to the *****'s model for the military. You can still find Ford jeeps, but they are pretty rare, as not a whole lot of them were made.

Quick Reply: Polaris' being used in Afghanistan