Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SideWinder customer service is NOT good!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

700Guy,
thanks for the info.

i know this question is WAY off Muddy's topic but i have a question about your new 700.
how do you feel about having a quad with electric start and no recoil back-up? doesn't the thought of a dead battery WAY out in the woods frighten you? also, does Polaris still leave the battery exposed as it does on my 500?

again, sorry for going-off the topic.

MT

Old 01-01-2002, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

[/i] >>

Stay away from sidewinder. I know some one that was lied to 3 times over the phone in two different conversations. They sell $60 Regina o-ring chains for $100 after they try and ship you a non o-ring chain for $100.

Also if you read their ad it says their sprockets will outlast 3 aluminimum sprockets. Guess what you don't have an aluminum sprocket on your quad.

Spend the $35.00 and pick up a Polaris sprocket or order all of your sprockets and chains from Dennis Kirk.com and save yourself some more money. From What I have seen and experienced first hand sidewinder lacks credibility and is a rip-off artist.

Customer service with SideWinder can be ranked right down there with Hot Seat Performance AKA Speedwerx

Old 01-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Actually,
credit card disputs ARE won on MANY occasions,WITH or WITHOUT a implied warrenty.One recent case comes into mind,

Earlier this yr,I called Rich at Dynoport to inquire about a pipe/silencer combo.After installing his garbage,I found he made claims about his pipe combo over the phone that were misrepresented to me PRIOR to the sale.He would not take his garbage back.I contested this to my credit card company.Three month's later and after alot of paperwork,Rich was told by my credit card co that they needed to take back their parts and that they would not be charging this to my account.Dynoport lost,I won!Im giving serious thought to calling my credit card company tommorrow because this company misrepresented their product line also.In fact,I will.

Just as one can thank the salesman at SideWinder for making this 300 dollar sale,he to,can also be blamed for misrepresenting the expectations and performance of the product he sold.It was John at SideWinder that made the claim that this chain/sprocket combo would give me at least 3 times more life over stock.It was John at SideWinder that said his chain/sprocket would not need to be adjusted nearly as often as a stock one.John also layed claim to me having the VERY BEST chain/sprocket that money can buy,all BS!

Now,only 300 miles later when I need John to honor his claims,he tells me that for some UNKNOWN reason,Polaris 400 engines eat up front sprockets ALOT!He made NO claim of this when he sold me the parts.I totally DISAGREE with 700guy.The merchant misrepresented his product and offering to give me a 50 dollar sprocket for 24 bucks is bull[you call that''good faith''].What your really claiming here is that I can look forward to spending 24 bucks every 300 miles on a SideWinder front sprocket.SideWinder needs to PROVE to me that their product is as good as John said it was and this is merely a RARE defective product.Its not like im calling back 1 yr later and 1000 miles after I bought this stuff.I certainly hope that 700guy is NOT in the retail sales department?This is all bad customer relations here,especially after dumping 300 bucks on an misrepresented product.

Thor,im with you,

Bill

Old 01-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Muddy,
it's to bad you don't live in MA, the law is quite simple:
General Laws Chapter 90, Section 7N 1/2 states:
UNDER THE LEMON LAW, YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO A REFOND OR REPLACEMENT OF THE VEHICLE IF:
A.THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL DEFECT(S), AND
B.THE DEFECT(S) STILL EXISTS OR HAS RECURRED AFTER EITHER:
1.THREE OR MORE REPAIR ATTEMPTS FOR THE SAME DEFECT,OR
2.BEING OUT OF SERVICE BY REASON OF REPAIR FOR ANY
COMBINATION OF DEFECTS FOR A CUMULATIVE OF 15 OR MORE
BUSINESS DAYS.
C. THE MANUFACTURER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE DEFECT AND GIVEN
ONE FINAL REPAIR ATTEMPT OF NO MORE THAN 7 BUSINESS DAYS.

these laws are in place to protect us. i'm sure you have something similar in MI. just research it and tell them.

you have had sooooo many problems with your Polaris product that if it were mine..........i'd go for the jugular.

MT

Old 01-01-2002, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

MT,
we have a similer Lemon law in Michigan,however,it applies ONLY to vehicles.I cant wait to get rid of this POS and not look back at Polaris until they find a 4x4 thats been PROVEN over time.Right now,I still have 15 months left on my Extended warrenty.Im just not ready $$ wise to buy a new ATV.Hope to be able to buy a new one around Sept of this yr?

Thanks for your concern,
Bill

Old 01-01-2002, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Muddy/Bill,

Thanks for the info. I was also brainwashed that the sidewinder products were superior. I ended up purchasing a DID X ring ATV chain to use until my sprockets were worn out, then was going to get the sidewinder stuff.

I have had my did chain for 800 miles, and have adjusted it once. My sprockets after 1200 miles are fine.

Guess I will stay with the factory sprockets and the did chain.

Rainman

Old 01-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

mtpockets,
I must say that I am not real thrilled about the lack of having an auxillary starting method on the SP700. So far I have never had a battery leave me stranded on any of my ATVs. Knock on wood. I was not thrilled years ago when the manufacturers decided to leave the kick starters off of street bikes. This left me stranded once. The bike would not even push start due to grounded battery plates. The battery is now enclosed under the seat on the SP700 which I feel is an improvement.

MUDDY4LIFE,
I am in retail sales and have been for thirteen years. I go above and beyond the call of duty to help my customers whenever they have a problem. In a case such as yours, all it may take is a call by your salesman to the manufacturer. Some manufacturers are willing to offer a policy adjustment and if not, the salesperson can go to his supervisor and try to get you some satisfaction at the local level. Usually this works but occasionally it does not and never if the word charge back is mentioned or threatened in the conversation. Unfortunately we don't make the rules, we are just forced to play by them by the manufacturers and our employers.

I do find it ludicrous that your salesman John states that your sprocket has no warranty whatsoever and that he made so many claims that he obviously has no personal experience in regards to. In this day and age just about everything has a warranty. Many warranties have disclaimers that apply to misuse, abuse, competition use and improper installation. Before you mention the charge back to your salesman, ask to speak to the supervisor. If the supervisor has the same product information in regards to quality and longevity, perhaps he can put some pressure on the manufacturer.

I do sympathize with you seeing how much these parts cost you and wish you luck. Keep us posted.

Old 01-01-2002, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

700guy,
thank you for the information you provided in your last post.

Bill

Old 01-02-2002, 01:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hot Seat sells Sunstar sprockets. FAR superior to the stock units along with RK heavy duty chains. I'm sure HPD or RCR could also hook you up. Been meaning to change out the mod rear unit with one of Side Winders Titanium units....may have to re-think that move. The power of the internet is a beautiful thing.

Ken