Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Weekend ride with my friend's new 250ex

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a few days off so I took the 325 mag over to my buddy's house.
They own a 01 H.O. which had 40 miles on it and they got it for $5900
But they wanted another quad to add to the barn. They got the 250ex so their younger son could ride, he doesn't like the clutch.
Anyway, they have a bunch of straight stretches, big sweeping corners, sharp s curves, woods and all. It was also very muddy.
My question is, who do you think won the race around his property.
We are both equal in ability. Just curious to hear what you guys think happened.

Also, I was lookin at the new suzuki eiger, what do you guys think about that machine.?

Old 01-01-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to say that your friends 250ex would be faster than your magnum 325 is..but don't know 4 sure....

Old 01-01-2002, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

I figure I will go ahead and tell ya.
I thought that the ex would handle better and drag better because it is 200-300lbs less. Well, I was suprised by the results. We had a drag race, and he said, we have to start in neutral, I'm thinkin, no fair, I have to reach over and shift, he just uses his foot. But I agreed, but I used my left hand to shift, faster that way. Well, of course he got me off the line by a second, but I quickly picked back up, I was being conservative, and wasn't running full throttle, but said screw it and gave it all it had. I did beat him, by about 5 quad lengths, i'm not sure how long the drag was.
Now for the race around the farm.
I led most of the way, with him right behind, with him trying to pass multiple times, but he was running full throttle, I had some left in reserve, so I would just gun it and he couldn't get by.
Halfway through I went ape s**t on him and just put it down and I couldn't even see him when I looked back. Actually, the magnum flies pretty well, I flew a big mudhold that slowed the ex down cause he couldn't make it over it, strange.
It was extremely muddy though, did a couple 180's comin out of corners, gave it too much gas, most of the slides were recoverable though.
I thought I would just let you guys know, we did get the sportsman out, but he could only beat me in the straight aways, of course.