Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler VS Banshee or Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrambler VS Banshee or Raptor

the scrambler will get its a** kicked a scrambler is not made for speed and racing mostly just adventure.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

LET ME say this frist: i use my scrammy for nothing other then DRAGS and ice racing(snow riding).
I Have raced all kinds of quads and won alot of races.
Some of you don't really know what this scrammy can do .Alot of you down play this thing to far.
I don't know if I got some fluke or something but, MY HPD race kit 400 will spank a banshee with toomey T6 pipes,pro design cool head,Boost bottle,V-force reed cage+spacer and a 15 tooth sprocket.THat is in a 300 yard drag,anything over that and the banshee will catch up BUT,at NO time will it pass me even when the banshee is at the top of 6th gear.RAPTORs,or CRAPTORS as I like to call them are just a JOKE,they maybe fast but, not for long,it will brake down.
as for racing them; I haven't seen one with any mods that can hold up to my scrammy.I guess thats because CRAPTORS are always in the shop getting fixed.
DOn't get me wrong< I have been beaten by a banshee before,but it was Ported and stroked(it smoked me) beat by a LT500 and a LT250 but the 250 had a 1200 steet bike motor(no one beats him).
My scrammy beat everything off the line,even if I get a bad start.
Of corse my scrammy isn't just a hpd 75hp kit.it has many other mods------------------------------------------------
First off- it has a CPI drag pipe(found it better then HPDs pipe)
2nd--Comet and team Clutches-Comet primary-Team EBS 2nd
3rd--15:1 head .80 over--Flywheel lighend
4th--v-force reed cage,spacer-34mm kehien carb,HPD airbox
5th--It has been lightend to the MAX
6th-- A dail-a-Jet and a DIGATON egt/rpm gage(keeps it on)
7th--Sidewinder 15 tooth front sprocket and 34 rear
8th-- had tranny gears Lighten and machined.
9th-- IT Runs on 110 VP race FUEL
Also I have had many different PIPES,reeds,and clutches on this thing to mess around with.
Check it out at--http://community.webtv.net/wrsr/teambricktuckyracing

Matt

Old 02-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey theres nothing wrong with scramblers thats why im gettin one but there not made for like stadium races or n e thing like that ... its manly because of the auto trans and the 4x4 weighs it down
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

your Aaen performance web site.

Old 02-11-2004, 01:31 PM
jim
Pro Rider

Wow, this is an old post. Back in 2002 when I first replied, I didn't have the HPD race pipe, lightened flywheel & agressive clutching. Man, did this wake this Scrambler up. My same friend w/ the Banshee has since modidied hsi since our last race & added a ported cylinder, high compression head, race pipes & 2 in 1 carb w/ same open air box. His Banshee is way faster so I assumed this year when we raced he would have whooped me real bad. But not the case. We raced 3 times, on the same dry, soild dirt road. All 3 times the results were the same. I had a bike length or 2 on him right from the start all the way until his 6th gear, then he pulled away. I was SOOO happy w/ the results. I can't believe my Scramler still w/ only the trail porting & 12:1 head, on regular gas, not race gas, is tied w/ the Banshee or a little faster in the beginning. This is a VERY modified Banshee also on race gas.
Jim Maloney 98 400 Scrambler