Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who else is sick of Prairie Bragging?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 12:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case no one is aware.........the 700 sportsman got ATV of the year..........I started a little post on it you may want to read all the whining posted by non 700 owners, who are really closet polaris wannabe's.............................the prarie 650 is a good machine as long as you dont take it off road. If you put your sprinkers on in your yard over night then you can ride the 650 thru the yard for fun, but you wont have to worry too much about getting stuck or not having enough ground clearance..........one thing you have to make sure of though several 650 owners tried to ride through the yard while the sprinklers were actually going off and the water caused them to miss and sputter and one actually got hung up on the sprinkler head while it was going off, due to low ground clearance. The riders wife turned the sprinklers off so as to release her hubby from being there all night.............whew..........what an adventure................!!

Old 02-06-2002, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

I think that a lot of 700 owners are mad because they bought the biggest, baddest, largest displacement 4X4 and it is playing 3rd fiddle to the 650 and 660 in the drag races category. Who cares? If you bought the 700 for the IRS and ground clearance and not to win drag races, don't let it bother you. There are obviously a lot of people who like the 650 for other reasons but I don't think either way any body is really bragging. Post like "700 wins ATV of the year" are kinda bragging but even then so what. I will bet that ATV action picks the 650 as it's ATV of the year because they absolutely love the thing cause it's fast and handles "like a sport quad" yet is still very capable of going through any mud holes that MOST people would want to take it. This stuff about it being a totally useless 4X4 is nothing but pure jelousy and over what? That is what I don't understand.

Old 02-06-2002, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

2000Mojave,

I don't know where you seen a Griz beat a SP700 but it must have been pretty special. I seen a 250lb rider on a SP700 beat a 150lb guy on a Griz. They tried it the other way around and the SP700 really smoked the Griz. I've never seen the SP700 go up against the Prairie so I can't comment on that, but don't tell me that a Griz can beat a SP700.

walexa,

I know all about those private messages. I'm sorry I didn't reply to yours sooner. I tried several times last night. The first one was pretty large. The other two were just asking if you recieved the first one. I'll talk to you later today.

Old 02-06-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

I've stated before, and I'll state it again.........even though my next atv will most likely be an sp700, and I believe it is a more capable mudder than the Prarie 650, the Prarie 650 is still an awesome mudder. It has more power to spin the tires than an Xplorer 400, and close to equal ground clearance. It's funny to see posts on how well the Xplorer handles mud, and then see someone state that the prarie can't get out of it's own way in the mud.

Elroy,

I got your last private message........I know it was the last since you stated you had sent 2 others.......I did not get these other two.

Waylan

Old 02-06-2002, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, I'm glad that the 700 Sportsman got ATV of the year. Polaris has traditionally been bashed at every opportunity in the AVT Media. It's good that Polaris is getting some time in the sun.
When I bought my Scrambler, there was absolutely no good ink on a Polaris in any of the ragazines. Therefore, I only subscribe to ATV Sport, and pickup the others from the news stand if theres a relevant article.
Sorry guys, I dropped 6,399 votes ( $ ) for the Prairie. I felt more comfortable dropping that much money on a first year Kawi than a first year Polaris.

Old 02-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

samclow,I just might take you up on that offer to let me ride your Polaris. Is a Polaris that much better that I should consider trading? Does Polaris make their own engines?Can anyone here make a very honest statement about Polaris's reliabilty?

Old 02-06-2002, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't read this whole thread, so it may have been said already. But I am sure many people were tired of the SP500 bragging for years. I still think Polaris is best. But for a few years, the SP500 was the king, and we all bragged about it. Now Kawasaki has a great machine, and it is their turn to brag.

Old 02-06-2002, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

it seems to me that everyone compares the new 700 polaris to the 650 prarie. its nice to see all the heated descussions about who,s is better, rather than the descussion about how someones new machine really sucks!if everyone can claim king of the hill on there new quad, then we ALL know that there being made better and better, (exept for hondas, heehee) that was a joke honda owners, so no shooting, lol. i am surprised that another little quad seems to be left out of the descussion on alot of occasions though. have we all forgot about the grizzly? i have looked at them all, and desited to get the grizzly. it seems to me that the real arguement is between the grizzly and the 700, not the prarie! the prarie is too differant to compare to the independant suspencion machines. i aint gunna say i can keep up with a prarie on open trails, or on off camber hills. i would hope that no prarie owner can say they could keep up with me in deep ruts or in the thick mud, or rocky terrain. apples are apples, oranges are oranges people. next there will be a heated debate over the 90 cc raptor, and how someone whipped it on a trail with a warrior, lol. there ALL great quads, and i for one am happy to be able to afford the thing i have, lol.
so, if a prarie says he can take me on open trails, good for you, and if a 700 says he can out tow me, good for you too. i know i am riding MY atv of the year, are you?

my pictures

Old 02-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Elroy, You are right, I have never personally seen any of them race I was just going by something I read in I believe DirtWheels? That said the Grizz out accelerated the 700. My only point was that it just seems this is what a lot of this bickering starts over. A 650 owner says "my Prairie will out accelerate your 700" and people get pissed. Who cares? "my 700 will out mud out rock crawl" blah blah blah. They are all great machines. I think the whole "bragging" issue started over the "700 atv of the year thread" where people stated that the 650 has more inovations etc... etc.. etc... it isn't really bragging I guess some people just take it that way.

Old 02-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 500Duce, I gain about 60 pounds with the outlaws and winches, but lost some with the HMF exhaust. It still pull wheelies!

Quick Reply: Who else is sick of Prairie Bragging?