Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Another S.E. 500HO

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris is releasing the "Kings quad". A 2002 500 HO with lots of chrome, black plastic, and Petty graphics. All for the low low price of $7,399. Check it out. Not for me, but I thought I would let everybody know.

Personally I wish they would spend a little more time and energy on new models,NOTnew twists to the same old wheelers. IMOP

Old 02-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i might add that i think Richand Petty and Sportsmans have as much in common as Barry Manalo and a Ford Power Stroke Diesel!
it's plain stupid for Polaris to associate the two together.
my2cents,
MT

Old 02-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed; more R&D and less S.E.'s would begin to keep lightweight Grizzlies from coming over for lunch.

John
'00 SP500

Old 02-08-2002, 01:23 AM
Trailblazer

I found when looking at the new Polaris ATVs, Polaris charges more for these S.E. models just because they have a different name or color on them. I agree I don't understand the appeal.

Old 02-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Pro Rider

Guys,

I'm in complete agreement. Richard Petty knows as much about ATVs as I know about "stock" cars. (I could care less about NASCAR). I do know he has been a big supporter of Polaris in the past, but so have I. How about a Mike Chero limited edition Polaris 400 Sport? I guess I just don't have the selling power of my name that King Richard does. I'm sure there will be more than a few "bubbas" out there that will buy the thing because of RP's name is on it. YEEEEHAAAAAA!

Old 02-08-2002, 08:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mike,
i think that Polaris should value YOU more than Petty 'cause at least YOU PAY for your ATV's!
i've emailed Polaris quite a few times questioning the petty/polaris relationship and what a god damn waste of money it is and they never respond. the money they waste on racing in part is padded into the price of the quads that WE BUY!
i mean, c'mon! think about all the money Polaris is WASTING on racing. they could be spending it on R+D of new product!
you know, Oldsmobile spent TONS of money donating their Aurora engines to some class of racing i don't even remember and look where it got them......OUT OF BUSINESS!
-MT

Old 02-08-2002, 09:12 PM
tiz
Weekend Warrior

I think its great that a BIG name such as Richard Petty is willing to put his name with Polaris to help sell their machines. Whats wrong with advertisement? So what, RP likes ATVs, and Polaris no less. I do agree that Polaris needs to do more with their R&D department. Yes, its a pricey tag on these machines, but nobody is forcing us to buy them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

Just for info........"Slinger" is Barry Manilow" and he does own a Ford Powerstroke diesel..........What I cant figure out is how you knew to put the two together. The only reason I knew is that when I was buying my truck I was looking throught he internet and checked all of the trucks and came across Barry Manilow owning a Ford Powerstroke diesel and also he posted on this forum under the moniker of "Slinger" so I went out and bought a Chevy 2001 HD crew cab with the 8.1. I think the site was Barry(slinger)Manilow\powerstroke\diesel\Ilikemine pink.com

Old 02-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

I guess it's really no different than when Cathrine Bach (Daisy Duke from the "Dukes of Hazzard&quot was selling Kawasaki ATVs. Except that she was a lot better looking. At least Kawasaki never made a "Bach" edition.

Old 02-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Range Rover

A friend of mine bought a new Grizzly and last night we had a review with both a 2001 500 Ho (Red) and the new Grizzly (red) and I got to tell you the Sportsman all of a sudden looked old and out dated and also small sitting beside the Grizz. The Sportsman is still a great quad but this was everyone's take on the situation. Polaris needs to forget about chrome and graphics and come out with some updated styling. We've (our group of riders) had a great Polaris following for the past 4 years but anyone who is thinking new quad for the spring is not talking Polaris this time!

Quick Reply: Another S.E. 500HO