Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Confused Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 07:47 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Here is the deal. I am wanting to get an ATV and a thought I had my mind made up on a TrailBlazer but then I started reading and researching and I read that the Polaris TrailBlazer is really slow and the auto trans is too smooth and Polaris' are not that dependable so here is my question for the Polaris People. How do you like them. With the auto trans. if you want to get on them do they respond quickly, can you pop wheelies if you want , can you make the tires spin if you feel like doing that or is the auto trans just to much for safety and you slowly get going to what you want. Please help really confused.

Thank you

Old 02-09-2002, 08:18 AM
Pro Rider

jskoland,

Yeah right, the auto transmission is just for safety! Have you people in Iowa ever heard of snowmobiles? You know, machines that are designed to be ridden on snow, with multi cylinder engines, that use tracks and skis instead of wheels, some making up to 175 horsepower?

Yes, you can do wheelies on some of them. It depends how much horsepower the machine makes, what the weight of it is, what the gearing on it is, and length of wheelbase. In fact, on some modified 400, it's hard to keep the front wheels on the ground (that's why I went to a longer swingarm on mine). Hey I like my machine. Most of the problems I've heard of were related to the 4x4 models. Yes, you can make the tires spin just by giving the machine gas.

Old 02-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Auto trans are not for everyone.I myself am HOOKED on the auto trans,thats after owning auto type clutch ATVs since 1983.You are never in the wrong gear and the simplicity of operation is as easy as it gets.There are a few simple mods you can do to the clutching to make the Trailblazier wheelie real easy.I'd tell you to ride a Trailblazier before you bought one,the performance may disappoint you??

Reliability??
You will not get any rave reveiws on Polaris ATVs from ME because I've owned two brand new [99 Sportsman 500 and 00 400cc Xplorer]and they are BOTH very unreliable,allways in the shop for something.However,confessions from MANY Polaris owners right here in this Forum will show you that there are some very happy owners as well.

Ride one,than after reveiwing the responses in here,make up your own mind and good luck with whatever ATV you choose?

Bill

Old 02-09-2002, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply. would you say a trailblazer would be fine or go with the scrambler. Honestly I ws hoping I could get a good machine that I would really like for about 3400 to 4000 but I am finding out that my price range is increasing

Old 02-09-2002, 08:39 AM
Pro Rider

The Scrambler is your best bet if you want an auto tranny machine with power. You might have to buy a used on if you have less than $4000. Stay away from the 4x4 models if you can. If you must have 4x4, get a Scrambler that is 1998 or newer. Don't over look the Polaris Sport, especially the 1999 model.

Old 02-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Pro Rider

jskoland

I own a oo Blazer and I love it,,in stock trim it's not a rocket by any means but you can still spin the tires without much problem and as for wheelies you can do them but it's not easy at all...
Your best bet if you have $4000 to spend is to buy the blazer and put a pipe and clutch kit in and you'll be Much happier with the bike and you'll still be in your price range..just ask anyone that's did these mods and they will tell you that they respond very well and as for wheelies and spinning tires after the mods,,no problems at all,,you'll have a blast..
As for reliability just make sure that you do the regular maintanance and it shouldn't be a problem as mine has been very dependable..

Old 02-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

3000 to 4000 second hand sport or scrambler newest that you can buy AZ400 has one for sale sure the power wont dissapoint you.