Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Lift Kits and Drive Train Damage

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2000, 03:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEy yall Ive just recently shattered two cv joints and the first one was in the second mud hole I got in to. I to have modified my quad with a HL lift kit, 27-12-12 Vamps all the way around, and wheel spacers. The first cv I broke I was at a hard turn to the left and I heard a series of pops and the left tire wouldnt spin.
I took it apart and went to the local polaris dealership and bought a new one for 170 dollars!
I fixed it and it was fine for about 3 days when I got into another bad hole and made a sharp turn to the left and heard that same series of pops and the the same thing was repeted all over again.
My quad is still under warrenty and now it is in the shop getting this cv fixed. Im wondering if something was or is wrong with the left side of my quad to make it break only on the left side. Could someone shed some light on that. I should get my 4x4 back tommorrow but you know how that goes they tell you it will be ready one day and you get it a week later. I guess what I really want to know is the 12' tires on the front of my quad causing this? It sounds like Im not the only out there breaking cv's. Should I switch to the 10'ers on the front?

Old 02-17-2000, 04:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hello guys just found this forum and i also ride polaris, 99 500 sp and 99 500 mag and work for polaris as a welder in roseau mn. Welding mostly wheeler frames and tourqe arms for snowmobile suspensions. I run 26" mud runners on both and have had no problems with drive train breakage ,it is nice to see a real discusion that is not bashing one or another unlike some of those other news groups out there. Even though some of it is kinda comical, by the way has anyone heard where the spring atvamm ride is this year can,t wait? till next time jaime jolicoeur

Old 02-17-2000, 04:04 AM
Pro Rider

Hello guys just found this forum and i also ride polaris, 99 500 sp and 99 500 mag and work for polaris as a welder in roseau mn. Welding mostly wheeler frames and tourqe arms for snowmobile suspensions. I run 26" mud runners on both and have had no problems with drive train breakage ,it is nice to see a real discusion that is not bashing one or another unlike some of those other news groups out there. Even though some of it is kinda comical, by the way has anyone heard where the spring atvamm ride is this year can,t wait? till next time jaime jolicoeur