Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

New mods,, but which carb??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 04:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well as most of you prob now about my bad tune resulting in a burnt piston, well yesterday I recieved a cheque for $200nzd from them & a greasy letter.

Well yesterday, all my luck changed.
My new dealer called & said he has a man in the shop that has just imported a trail blazer from the states, with quite a few mods, (Wow this doesnt happen very often in little ole New Zealand.), I jumped strait in the car & went down there.
Turns out that this mans son just just playes around on there farm, thinks its too fast for him,,,,LOL.
To cut a long story short he is willing to swap this engine for my standerd engine with a new piston. It has remove starter, machiene flywheel, 0.40 wiseco, remove oil injection.. Has also been ported, (It must be trail port because it has a sh#t load of mid & bottom end), It also has what looks like a CR 250 front pipe on it,(strange)

Only prob is dont know what carb to run, the one in the other blazer looks to me like it is standerd, but I guess it must have been bored & jetted to supply enough for above mods.
Any Carb reccomedations guys??

Old 02-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

When you swap engines swap carbs, your the modded engine with your carb wont run correctly and you could burn it down until you get your carb set up correctly, your engine with his modded carb wont run good because his carb is setup for the modded engine.

Old 02-10-2002, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

Thx Ronnnnn,
For some reason, even though I have told him over & over that the bigger carb will not work with the standerd engine.
He will still not part with his carb...(Stupid I Know).
So I am gonna have to buy another???
Mikuni??? Khein???
Thx.

Old 02-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

Find out what carb is on the engine, you want the engine to run as good in your bike as it did in his bike, if he is running a different carb try and get one like it and set it up like it, if he is running a stock carb, see how it has been modded and change yours to match. If you cant find out this info find someone good with carbs and set up yours to run with the modded engine.