Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The truth about Polaris prices

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again you totally missed the point. Whether you pay $100000 for the winch or get it for free doesn't mean a damn thing to me. The promo says with these machines comes a free winch. End of story. Not only if you make your 8%. For the dealer to make up terms afther the fact is poor business. Either honor it or not. You can't play these games with the way communication is today. Years ago maybe. Now with all these forums and people exchanging info, you just can't get away with it. Every dealer seems to have his own version of this promo and that just isn't right or fair. Obviously the dealers in question are "participating" or they wouldn't offer the deal at all when you pay full MSRP or whatever else makes them feel better. Lets have a little regulation in the pricing. When a guy has to travel extra miles to be treated fairly there is something wrong with the system!

Old 02-14-2002, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you on that aspect but Polaris is not the only one who has these problems, ask a Arctic Cat fan who got screwed out of their Cat Cash. And we ourselves do not condone this type of business. But not all dealers feel that way. And a dealer does not have to participate in a promo. This past winter we did not participate in the Ski-Doo Olympic promo. Could it have cost us money? Yes. Did it? NO. It saved us money for the simple reason of no winter.

Old 02-14-2002, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

I understand that Polaris is not the only one. They are just the ones doing it now. Also these dealers must be participating or they would not offer the winch if you meet their terms. If they just said "we arn't participating in this promo" that would be fine. It's when they make up new rules as they go along to have it both ways that gets me going. Not your dealership. Just some I've visited and read about. This is in no way a dig at your dealership or Polaris as a whole. It's the few that give a bad rep to the many.

Old 02-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Range Rover

By now you are probable overwhelmed with the replys to your post,but I'll put my two cents in anyway. My son bought an 02 500H.O.(yellow by the way) at Don Wood Polaris in Athens, Ohio 740-592-4960 for 5999.00, no freight. With doc fee, title fee and tax it came to 6426.50 out the door. Bair's Polaris in North Canton, Ohio 330-499-4544 offered to match that price when I was thinking about buying one but I ended up buying a sp700 from them instead. 7199.00. I couldn't say for sure about the winch offer but I would venture to guess that Don Wood would treat you right. The managers name is I think Jeff and he is probably the guy you should talk to if you decide to call them. As for me, I would drive 500 miles to buy one rather than let a local dealer gouge me. Than I'd take the sales receipt back to him and show it to him. Good Luck!

Old 02-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

That's fine we just misunderstood where we were going with each others arguements. That winch deal really makes me mad also. I just don't want people give Polaris or legitimate dealers a bad name for other dealers actions. The dealer I had metioned earlier sells close to cost with promos and is not making enough money to stay afloat (so the rumors have it), and people still think we can out do that price without losing money. I just don't want everyone to think all dealers can sell HOs for $5,999 with winch and still make money.

Old 02-14-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

The Key words here are :

PARTICIPATING DEALER

DEALERS CHOOSE wether or not to PARTICIPATE in the PROMOTION .

RETAIL CUSTOMERS CHOOSE where to buy the ATV .

The winches are not *free* to the dealer , otherwise every dealer would participate . A good dealer uses participation to his advantage , the promotion advertised by Polaris should draw more customers in .

The dealer I purchase from participates in most all promotions . It does cost him a bit to do it , but , in the long run , he finds it does him more good than harm .

It's just like the *two for one cheeseburger thing * ... At PARTICIPATING restraunts only . It costs the burger boys a bit to put the deals on too .

Old 02-14-2002, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

I just phoned my dealer.

Buyers who live out of the state of Illinos can get a New 500 HO for $6500 OUT THE DOOR , with winch INSTALLED.

If you want the bumper winch add $75.00.

1st oil and filter change is also supplied at no extra cost. And he will even throw in a T-shirt and cap .

Old 02-15-2002, 04:11 AM
Range Rover

Rick, read all the previous posts, all dealers in question are participating dealers.....

Old 02-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Range Rover

I'm not raging on all dealers, Or Polaris products. I am alittle miffed at Polaris for knowing about the "special deals" and unreal requirements some dealers in this area are getting by with. I understand that if they have 3 promos listed, that a person shouldn't get all 3 or even 2 of the 3. But to only have to pay cash, and only at least pay msrp, and it be the third Tuesday of the second month, and the manager just went out with his sweetheart, and it can seem endless, is totally wrong! I have found some dealers that are very honest, and I will buy from one of them when the time comes, It's a shame that I have to drive a couple of hours, and spend a day on the phone just to find them. One dealer has a yellow 01, HO that was a demo unit, and has 28 hours on it. They give me a price of $6400 plus tax and will give me the winch for free. That is the kind of service that I've been looking for. I didn't haggel over the price, and I had asked them about the winch deal on 02 models, they were willing to give it to me on a demo unit. That little extra has put them as my pick for the best dealer around here award. And if all goes well, that quad will be mine next week!
Honda East was very honest, and my hats are off to them for doing so. He asked me what was bottom doller so far, and met it. They are not a particapating dealer and told me so up front, but was willing to offer me the winch anyway. If they were not so far away, I would buy from them just for their honesty!
This is a record for me. More than 2 post for one of my topics. People might actually like me. (or hate me)
Thanks to all!!!!

Old 02-15-2002, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider

asfast

I am glad that HondaEast was good to you. I have always found there salesmen to be straight forward and honest. That is what I expect from a salesman and what everyone should expect. If only I could get the same service from their parts people that I get from there sales people.

Quick Reply: The truth about Polaris prices