Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 90 vs Breeze 125

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2002, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just asked for input on the Scrambler 90 but only got one reply. not sure it this topic has been discussed before or?

Anyways, I have a 12yr. old girl, new to the world of atvs.
Was thinking about the Scrambler 90 but worried about it being too small. Looked at the Breeze 125 but am worried that the 4stroke will be a dud.

Any and all info on the two quads, or any other beginer quads, would be great...!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

Is your daughter big, small, average size ? Ever riden an ATV before ? More info needed. Do you mind buying another ATV in less than 3 years ? 12 years old. That is a weird and hard age, I know I have an 11 year old. The Breeze was to small and so was the scambler but the TB is a bit to big.

Old 03-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Both of the quads you mentioned got terrible reviews. There seems to be an abundance of junk kids quads out now. The only kid quad that seems to be getting a thumbs up these days is the Honda TRX 90.

In a recent magzine review of the Bobardier 50 and 90, they said that they were digusted with both of them, and claimed the Polaris 90 was maybe one notch above it. In another mag, they did a review of the Raptor 80, and claimed it was just as miserable.

Old 03-06-2002, 11:56 PM
Range Rover

A lem 90 offers great reliablity, good 7 inch travel, good performance, with a plouthera of mods avaliable. If you don't mind going with a non-american quad.

Old 03-07-2002, 01:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

I didn't know their was a lem 90. I know their is a lem 50 but that would be too small for a 12 year old. Maybe a honda 250ex if she is tall enough, if not an LT80.

Old 03-07-2002, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

That's a good thought. My buddy bought his 8 yr old son a 250EX. It is pretty much a trouble and maintenance free quad. They run about $3699.

Old 03-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hopefully I can be some help to you in making a deccision. First off I recently purchased a 90X for my son. The polaris is made by E-Ton for Polaris to their specs so there is some differences from a regular E-Ton 90. Things I considered were safety, size, and power. My son is 8 years old 50 lbs and has been riding since he was 5. His first ride was a LT 80 which is a great little quad for a beginner, however they will soon outgrow it because of its size. I also owened a TRX 90 which my 11 year old daughter 90 lbs rode. I sold it to buy the 90X. The TRX is the largest of the 3 and handles very good, but neither the TRX or LT have much for suspencion and the LT is actualy a bit faster.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Also the honda dose not have electric start, but it allow them to learn how to shift. She now rides a blaster with no problem, she did not out grow it her ability is what improved. The 90X is a bit larger thatn the LT a bit smaller than the TRX but has florboards, elec and recoil start and will smoke the LT and the TRX. It also has the best susspencion of the three. Complaints are the turning radius, I know they probably did that for safety but it could be a pain in tight areas. I wish it was a bit longer and wider which would make way more sence from a safety stanpoint. Also they emphisis satety but non of the small atvs come with head lights [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] what is that all about. I think you will like either the TRX or the 90X even thought she may outgrow either they will still be able to haul her around power wise. It will be her ability that grows which will cause you to look at a bigger quad. As for the Breeze???? rode one once and I was not impresed. Both the Honda and Polaris will out do the Breeze I think. Another thing is the Honda is 4 stroke and Polaris two stroke. Hope this helps

Old 03-07-2002, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

The first machine my dad got me was a new '89 Yamaha Breeze. I was 8 at the time and the machine was great for me. He chose that machine because it actually had enough power to cruise about 30 mph and still have some left. It would top out about 44 mph. I doubt any of the 80-90cc machines could do that. We sold that Breeze three years ago to my uncle who still has it for his son. My uncle just rebuilt the engine...not because it needed it, just for preventative maintainance. I would reccomend the Breeze to anyone who is looking for a beginners quad. It is slightly bigger than a 90 class machine, but still smaller than a trailblazer. If you have anymore questions, ask away!
Also, it was one of the few machine with reverse and electric start at the time. Not too sure about the minis today.

Old 03-07-2002, 09:06 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no comparison between the 90cc polaris(orany of the tiwaniess quads)as for the bad reviews on the Breeze they must be from a go fast guy.I look hard for a good quad for my son and all the small ones were not what i wanted.I wanted some thing that he could trail ride with,which meant being able to get out of a jam with out me having to get off and push(reverse a must)and we had riden with a friend of his with a 90 sportsman and it was not up to par.We get caught out after dark at times(you ever tried to ride a kid back in the dark useing your head lights?)And this little machine will keep up with my 4x4s on roads and trails.WE LOVE THIS BREEZE it does every thing we wanted and has power to spare.Granted it is not a go fast racer but for trails you cant beat it.If you want me to tell you the low down on it pm me.

Old 03-08-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

Scrambler95,

I hate to burst your bubble but ETon does not make the Polaris 50 or 90. Polaris and Aeon are one in the same -- both have very weak suspension components. The Dirt Doo models are made by HerShee, the same company that made the JEHM Blazer.

Quick Reply: Scrambler 90 vs Breeze 125