Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How many carry a gun while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if they want it they can have it. I'm not going to shoot someone if they want it bad enough. Just like car jacking, are you willing to die for it? Not me. That's what fire and theft insurance is for. It's cheap. Cheaper than a casket..lol. Only my opinion though..lol

Old 03-10-2002, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And at some point in time there will be the crazed tree hugger (hyped up on bean sprouts, tofu, wheat germ, and barley green) that jumps out from behind a tree saying "Oh, my god, not only is he ruining our beautiful nature lands with the dust, dirt, smoke, and noise of that ATV, BUT he's also carrying a GUN!" (at this point the crazed tree hugger raises the back of his hand to his forehead and faints dead away - right in the middle of the trail). This is where you pull up beside the now fainted tree hugger and chew the plug Crawdad suggested until you have about 5 gallons of spit, then launch it right between the tree huggers eyes. (was that Al "Chad" Gore??)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Shot gun, rifle, and a 4X4 quad - the country boy is going to survive. Besides, if your not pack'n, then that means dinner has to to be scraped off the pavement on the way home - right?

Old 03-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

That damn Quadfather. My two pennie's on the situation. While duning don't need it. While trail riding always. Here's why, running into someone on the trail isn't a real concern (wildlife maybe) but returning to your camp or motorhome and finding someone eating your lunch or taking your tv or what have ya is a concern. I hope my spelling is correct.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

Browning 9mm hi-power. Always.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I ride very little, when I do I carry a stainless ruger 22 pistol . I am not in fear of anything , nor do I have any G.I. Joe fantacies , I just like to stop and do a little target shooting . Anyone that has been to my place knows I really enjoy firearms as a hobby . I have a trap thrower on the back concrete pad , and my office has a gun or two behind my desk.

In my humble opinion , firearms are sporting goods , like baseball bats , footballs, golf clubs, and tennis rackets .

Old 03-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

I always carry, you never know with all the Drug Crazed nuts out cooking thier stuff, god knows where in the woods, 1911 45acp, mod 70 win. 22=250. See Ya.

Old 03-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Range Rover

it is easier to get out of jail than to get out of the morgue!!!!!
better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!!!!!

Old 03-11-2002, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

This has got to be a joke .

Do you mean to tell me that you actually carry firearms when you go riding to protect yourself from poeple ?

If I was afraid of being shot , I would wear a bullet proof vest.

Someone please , tell me this isn't a bad dream .

Old 03-11-2002, 03:55 AM
Trailblazer
Old 03-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

A friend once found a really nice pistol on the trails in Wyoming. Had a cool handle knife that matched the pistol grip. Not sure what he did with it... If your going to carry a gun, keep it secure!!!! Some kid could have got ahold of that thing and done some damage.

One thing. Where can I find information ragarding antique pistols? I was given a H&R fireamrs (I think) 32 pistol and would like some information on this pistol. It seems really old, with an octogon barrel, but seems to be in perfect working condition. Are old pistols safe to fire?

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: How many carry a gun while riding?