Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Good Bye Sportsman 'HELLO XPLORER'

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2000, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Bill:

My! Aren't we SENSITIVE!

Actually, I was just funnin' you; I surely don't presume dictating what you ride or why; you're entitled to satisfy yourself in your choice of ATV's, by all means.

You're right, I'm not a careful reader; I assumed you (at different times) thought the Sportsman "perfect," when you attacked others who claimed they negotiated mud bogs on machines other than Polarises; once, you accused someone of exaggerating his mud-bog or sled pull or pull-off or something (see? I'm not only a careless reader, I've a bad memory, also!) win because he rode another brand, as I recall.

Your suggestion I hate Polarises is out of line; I'm an equal-opportunity, brand-neutral ATVer. I even took a Polaris rider to lunch!

And, I actually enjoy your posts! When I said readers are "doomed" to read your lavish praise of your own machine, I intended humor, not insult.

If you try, could you possibly interpret my post in that light? I mean, given the benefit of a doubt, could someone make a friendly jibe with my post?

Since you misinterpret my motives and appear sensitive, unable to take a joke, in this area, I'll try avoiding it in the future. I didn't intend disgruntling you; instead, I attempted just having a bit of fun. My mistake.

Enjoy your new Xplorer; I look forward to reading about your adventures with your new machine.

Tree Farmer

Old 02-26-2000, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who needs a winch you will be lucky if you have to put it in 4wd mode.

Old 02-26-2000, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tree Farmer, my deepest apoligizes go out to you.Perhaps,s I was indeed somewhat sensitive to your statements.I took them in the wrong manner.You actually took a Polaris rider to lunch?I bet you made him buy.[just kidding]About attacking somebody else for winning a mud bog?That was a long time ago and you are correct.I should have NOT said what I did say about dis beleiving his mud bogging accomplishments.That was a long time ago,and yes,I was a little biased back than about my Sportsman,but im betting you have'nt seen arrogent postings from me in a long, long time.I realized that's not what these Forums were for,and that informing/helping folks in here does alot more good than bragging/boasting.Today is my birthday.Last night some friends took me out on the town [I did'nt drive] and I got a LITTLE [LOT] Loaded.So you guessed it,I was;nt feeling real good this morning ,so perhaps a was a bit snappy with you.Once again,im sorry.Thank you for your nice response back to me.SEE YA=====BILL

Old 02-26-2000, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Bill, I for one think you could not make a better choice than the 00 400. I am now the proud owner of one myself(I guess you already know that) and I love it. This machine will really haul. It is a better mudder and faster than my Mag 500. It's a real rush to just nail the gas and be able to fly the front end. I have no regrets at all about the purchase. I did want to let you know that the price that the dealer paid for the 400 is right at $5000.00 this includes set up
I paid $10.00 to an online site for this information but it was well worth it because I got mine for over $700.00 under list price. I called several dealers in our area offering $5200.00 and the third one took it . This was a cash price with no incentives but I have a farm excemption so I didn't have any taxes to pay. Good luck with your new toy I know you are going to love it.Oh yea, Rick at RCR is going to have a stage one kit ready for the 00 400 real soon I'm going to get one, it bumps the hp. up to 46.5. Let me know want any details.
So long
Joe

Old 02-26-2000, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey, all just thought you'd like to know went to my dealer today to settle on a price for 2 00 xplorers.Price 11,498.75 including tax and minn license. Was pleasantly suprise to hear that the free winch or 300 dollar incentive program now includes 400 xplorers!as of the 26th of this month.

Old 02-26-2000, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know what the price was with out state tax and fees, I'm hoping to by 2 of them next week myself. 1 for me and 1 for the wife. Was your secound 1 for your wife also? If so how does she like it. This will be first time for use I just want to may sure it's not to big of a bike for her. We considered a 250 explorer but i don't want to leave here behind either. We are also considering putting the EBS on it. Did you get that option? Yes/No and Why. Thanks and Good luck with your new Explorers.

Old 02-26-2000, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

The best deal in Minnesota is Heinen and Mason on the norht west side of Minnapolis 4,900 dollars +6.5% tax out the door price. The service shop is top rate also.

Old 02-26-2000, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

tomuchfun, yes the second one is for my wife. as far as power and speed go they are quicker and faster than the grizlie, or any other 4x4 ,with the exception of the scramblers.price without tax and lic. is 5375.don't know that they get as cheap as odin mentions, as dealer cost is about 5000. but with polaris being in minn i wouldn't be suprise.my dealer has the best service i've seen yet, he even will borrow me tools! don't think you can get this leval of service from anywhere but a ma & pa type shop. trust me this type of service is worth a couple extra bucks up front.not that you ever need iton a polaris.

Old 02-26-2000, 10:51 PM
Range Rover

Bill,
I am curious what makes you choose the Xplorer over the Scrambler 400. Have you ridden a Scrambler? I am not saying anything about your decision or trying to change your mind, in fact I have never even ridden an Xplorer so I can't give an opinion. I do know that the 400L is an awesome engine, provides plenty of power starts and runs easily even in the brutal cold. I know that my SCR400 has lots of power so I can imagine that a Xplorer really moves. I guess that I am just curious what you feel are the pros and cons of both machines.
Matt '99 SCR400

Old 02-27-2000, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

Bill i am still waiting for exact #s on those 400,s to see if i can help you out in that dept. One word of advice synthetic oil wonderfull stuff i would not run anything else in a two stroke get back to me on those prices jaime j

Quick Reply: Good Bye Sportsman 'HELLO XPLORER'