Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HP of the Polaris sport quads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all yor insight, Jack. You're trying to tell us that a Griz 660 is a sport quad now? Bring all those new 4 stroke tanks out into the muskeg in the west....we'll see which quad is sportier then. Now let me help ya out a bit...Jack

Old 04-03-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

Trust me, I wouldn't have clicked on it if it was titled "Can you be more specific as to why the Kawi. is a poor utility machine? Just curious on your thoughts" because I DON'T CARE!

Old 04-03-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

ahhhhh......to be a teenager again. Move on Scram. I asked because I wanted to know. I like the 650, he doesn't, so what. I'm not gonna cry like you because someone doesn't like the machine I like the most.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, ok...........I will.

Old 04-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

To those that think that I am bashing... I am not. I just stated my opinion that I do not think that Polaris makes a sport machine. They make sporty utility-type quads, but, be realistic now.

Obviously, to each their own, so please try to abstain from making personal remarks in future replies...

Old 04-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

I agree that the Pol's are "sporty utility-type" quads. There are very few "true" sport quads....Raptor, 400EX, Banshee, 650 DS, etc. What I object to, is someone coming in and saying that "Polaris doesn't have sport quads, but my Yamaha Grizzly is faster". WTF is that? Obviously Polaris quads are very close to being a "true" sport quad because people keep confusing them as such. But a 650 Kawi and a 660 Griz are DEFINATELY" not sport quads.....so why compare?

Old 04-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I honestly could care less what name you want to put next to a quad to define it, "sport" could mean something different to anyone. It just gets annoying when you can't even talk without people coming in and causing trouble.

Old 04-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

No, I did not say that the Kawi 650 or the Grizz 660 are sport quads, far from it. I think you said that though. It's just that the Polaris "Sport" quads are not that sporty in comparison with what the competition offers today. Sporty and fast are generally associated with each other, but in the case of Polaris, it's neither sporty or fast by today's standards. And as I stated before, most of these high-end utility bikes will blow away any of what Polaris calls a sport machine today.

If you babies want to keep whining about it, fine. Just get out of my way. The games have changed.

Old 04-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

First off, if you want to compare....lets compare the Sportsman 700 to your 660 Griz and 650 Kawi. Now you want to compare OLD quads? I assume you're reffering to the ol' Scramblers which, by today's standards are getting a little dated. But lets take the cash you spent on a new quad, put it into the engine and chassis of an old Scrambler......do you think you could keep up? Didn't think so. The Pols are cheap to rebuild and cheap to hot rod....that's why people like them.

PS: not whining.....stating facts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

exaclly dave.. to me the Raptors, Ds650,400ex, banshee and cannondales are not sport quads, they are high performance or Race quads. to me a sport quad is more like a 300ex, trailblazer, mojave, Scrambler, warrior ETC..

i love my trailblazer and i VERY rarely diss other peoples quads. the thing i dont get is why do you sump soo low to come into a Polaris forum if your gonna diss them. to me thats showing no class, or respect for the sport. i think all of you that are dissing machines should just shut up and ride to have fun, not to prove whos faster, whos better, cause it all comes down to the rider.

Quick Reply: HP of the Polaris sport quads???