Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HP of the Polaris sport quads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< Interesting stuff Jay. Any major problems with the C'dale? Just steering the thread more off course.

Ken
>>

no major problems with the C'dale other than my hands stay sore from hanging on so tight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Minor problem with the chain slide wearing out prematurely, but it looks like C'dale just fixed that. Cannondale customer service seems to be WAY better than any of the others so I'm really not concerned about problems.

I'm very happy with the performance, if you ever get a chance ride one and see for yourself. I always thought my Scrambler was pretty fast, and it is, but the C'dale doesn't walk away from it, it runs away.

Old 04-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Dennis --

You must not have the nitrous kicking in until full throttle, that's the only reason your engine has held up. For those that don't know, most nitrous setups are staged and will only come on when told to. In the case of one on an atv, or any one-lunger, it's a real basic setup with only one hit on top.

It's too bad you can't afford a car, or truck to drive to work. You'd be amazed at how much quicker and smoother it is. But then, I forgot, you &quot;do&quot; know it all by the sounds of your post.

Heck, your machine is so fast everyone has a hard time even seeing it at all the sanctioned atv drag races in the country, right? Must be 'cause no one ever sees you at any sanctioned event. Must be real, real fast.

When it comes to riding on the highway, I'll take my 2500HD Crew Cab, Duramax/Allison over a quad any day. Heck, even my Grizz will go 100 in the back of my truck.

Do you know what a fly looks like splattered on my bug shield? Well, that's what atv's look like when they splatt on the front of a truck.

Old 04-10-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Couldn't leave it alone could ya, Utility Boy?

Old 04-10-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you DaveB . . .

I don't get called boy much anymore, I like it. Do it again. Most of the kids call me grampa. By the way, I've forgotten more about modifying Polaris quads than you will ever know.

Splatt . . . opps . . . ran over another one.

Sorry!

Old 04-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Act like a boy....get called a boy....simple.

Old 04-10-2002, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

<< You must not have the nitrous kicking in until full throttle, that's the only reason your engine has held up. >>

That comment dosen't make much sense......The only time any nitrous system should be on is at full throttle......If it was set to be on at 3/4 throttle and up you would have problems being rich or lean. KABOOOOM

As for the only have one hit comment.....Why could you not run two or three 5 to 10hp fogger nozzles set to come on in like 4000,5500,6800 rpm increments???? I am not saying the engine could take that much though.

Old 04-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Hey . . . you guys don't get it do you. I'm trying to see If I can get a record number of responses.

You guys are pretty easy to get responses from, although some are quite . . . well, (I'm trying to say it nice, but just can't) the word is &quot;ignorant&quot;.

Hey . . . check out my new Grizz and see what a &quot;good looking&quot; quad looks like.

Have a great day.

Old 04-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

Well Jack you just don't know because you never tried it I know of a few people that are running Nitrous on there quad with no problems. I have My switch where the override button is. Can hit it at any time. Well since AVT connection oversees this forum and not you I guess you can't kick me off or ban me or any one else for showing other people a alternative way to make HP and keep it together.
WE ARE ALL JUST HAVING FUN JACK.
You haven't tried everything so go back on your rockin chair on your porch.

Dennis S

Old 04-11-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I'm the first to say &quot;I don't know Jack&quot; (Thank God, He seems to be a moron anyway!)

You want a record number of responses? Be the biggest anus and you'll get them.
Sounds like you need attention.

Old 04-11-2002, 03:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Or a laxative? So much for playing nice in the sandbox....Jack, you just don't get that some of us are having fun with our quads, does that really bother you. Why be antagonistic? Maybe you just don't see how some want to spool you up, and I can see why they do. Go jump on your Grizz, it's a nice machine, get some fresh air, and enjoy your quad.

Don't you think that maybe being from Minnesota I might have relatives and friends at Polaris. Not only do I REALLY like my machine, but if I show up at my folk's place, by Roseau, my name is mud if I'm on another brand. Many years ago....probably before you wrote your letter, suggestions were, and still are being thrown at Polaris. I hope you don't think they are through....Gotta tell you brother, that buy the end of this model year, things will be different. I don't just mean one machine either. Yes, the others will have new machines also, just sit on 'em all, and pick the one you like....AND GO OUTSIDE AND RIDE!!!!!

Ken Thompson....Buying American because red, white, and blue, flows through my veins.

Quick Reply: HP of the Polaris sport quads???