Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heel Clickers offered for Polaris ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just reading ATV Magazine the other night and saw an add for the Heel Clickers for Polaris ATV's. I know some have tried to install this setup with much headache and all, but now it's offered specifically made for the ATV, instead of a retrofit from a snowmobile. Here's the link if anyone's interested:

Heel Clickers for Polaris ATV's

Waylan

Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 AM
Pro Rider

Just curious????

What the heck is a "heal clicker"????

thanks

Jonathan

Old 04-27-2002, 06:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Froggy,
i understand you put on aftermarket tires on your Grizzly-(27"?) just wondering what size fronts you went with and do they rub?
thanks,
-MT

Old 04-27-2002, 07:21 AM
Pro Rider

I got the H/C kit last year for the DUSE.
Never installed it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
I,ll get around to it this summer since we dont do
much riding in the summer

Frogman28
It's a clutch kit

Old 04-27-2002, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Under the advisement of my trusted Polaris mechanic Steve,I purchased a set and had him install them.I allready had the Hot Seat clutch kit on my Xplorer and Steve basically said the HC would give me MUCH better performance,that could'nt of been further from the truth.It was a hugh waste of 189 bucks for the Heel Clickers and than 2 hrs labor or 130 bucks.No NOTICABLE difference from the Hot Seat set up that I paid 149 bucks for and installed myself.For the $$ I spent,I was just as happy with my Hot Seat clutch kit.We had to make many adjustments to the primary spring because I lost all my low end with the HC kit.Now the engine revs SO high [2300rpms] before the quad even starts to engage,it was'nt that way with the Hot Seat clutch kit.

Not a real good investment on my behalf.

Bill

Old 04-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

muddy where ya been. finally got my bike straightened out. the clickers you tried were the older style for sleds with the shoulder being shorter on the new ones. for obvios clearance issues. tried mine a friends 700 but cover touched and did not have time to mes with cover so we went back to stock for now. new 700 is all polaris, contantly going back to dealer but goes like hell when it runs. kit uses newer springs than yours had too. befor he was using sled springs and they would get weak from the over compression all the time. will have time to get mine dialed in now as i am done messing with motor finally. dam poo cam shafts.
clickers are by far the best thing that has happend to sleds and will be the best thing for atv now that the clearance issue has been adressed.

Old 04-27-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

MT, i put the 27x10x12's on the front and 27x12x12's on the rear. The Dirt Devil 6 ply. I cannot recommend a better tire. I do like the ITP 589's but think they look like AG tires.

I went riding today. Tell ya what, i am going to make a new post in Yamaha forum so you can read there.....What a day to ride!!!

Jonathan

Old 04-28-2002, 07:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

thanks for the info. i can't understand how your 27x10x12 don't rub on your Grizzly, but my 26x10x12's hit bad on my SP700!
i think i gotta go out and buy me a Grizzly this week!
(will read your post in the Yami forum.)
-MT

Old 04-30-2002, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

MT,

Can you give me some of the seeds off that MONEY tree in your back yard?????

I wish that i had the money to go out and buy EVERY big bore out there, just so i could compare them. I am happy with what i did purchase, and if you get the griz, i think that you will be happy too. Friends own the 700's and like them. They are just like me...always "joking" about which bike is better, but the fact is...they are ALL good bikes.

"you can send me a private message and i will send you my Address to send those seeds too"

Jonathan

Old 05-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

As a former SP500 owner, the Polaris 500-700 quads have much less tire/body clearance than the 660 Grizz. It's the first thing I noticed. There is lots of room for tire/suspension articulation with the Grizz setup. I'm also runing 27" ITP 589's with no clearance problems. If I remember correctly there is a tire setup that you can run that it narrower that helps the clearance situation on the Polaris. I had 25" MudRunners on my SP500 with no problems, but sme were experiencing minor clearance problems with 26" rubber back then. I think the width of the tire is the key.

Quick Reply: Heel Clickers offered for Polaris ATV's