Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heel Clickers offered for Polaris ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the H/C's, unless you have a really built setup and are looking for the "enth" of performance with lots of tuning time, it's not worth it. Super Torquer does not tell you that. I've done it and it took quite some time to get it worked out. We used the sled kit a couple years ago when they first came out. I'll bet I had over 30 hours of tuning/setup time in it.

In reality, without a heavily modified engine that produces enough torque, its just not worth it. These atv's have very meager torque compared to the high performane twins and trips in todays sleds, not even a comparison even with a highly modified engine. The more torque you have the more the Heel Clickers will benefit.

As with all the good clutch stuff out there today, it's not a put it in and run deal. Requires lots of tuning, a good tach and countless runs on the stopwatch while trying to get that magical straight-line power. It will work with the right setup, just not as noticeable as with a high-torque sled.

Near the end, we were able to run with almost 60 gr of weight turning over 7,000 without any bog whatsoever coming off a lowly 1,800 rpm launch that would reach shiftout in less than 75 ft on hardpack, 50 ft in loose dirt.

Note that the H/C's are different kits for the atv's today. In the real world of modified atv's, a good drive/driven spring setup with the exact flyweights and a roller are the best you can do. Master that and the power will get to the ground better than the next guy.

Old 05-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Jack
Havent seen ya around in awhile,
actually I got a H/C kit last sept(I think)
and I never installed it
because of some advice from some of you(thanks for the advice)
My ? now is,would it hurt anything if I put it on?
I mean I can always take it off without any damage ,right?
We dont ride much in the summer around here so I thought about trying to play with it some.

Old 05-02-2002, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Jack,
thanks for the inf.
those 27" ITP 589's look TERRIFIC! (i checked-out your pics)
that is one MEAN machine!
BTW, i have a 2500HD to, does yours have the Duramax?
see-ya,
-MT

Old 05-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

don't degrade the clickers when you said yourself that you tried the sled versions. they were designed for higher engagement and higher rpms. the new weights are made with heavier shoulder to lessen the engagement.
i have used clickers on sleds for years and the difference between the first and last gen weights for yamis is amazing.
dont bash untill you give them a chance. i also tried the sled versions in my sp and had a lot of problems with this and that, mostly finding a spring that would have low enough installed preasure and highenough end preasure. just got tired of screwwing with it. now that he has got some springs and weights designed for the clutches i will gladdly try again.
all i can say is randy i will be calling again.

Old 05-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im with Jack 100%.The clickers are a waste of your money on a ATV.You can acheive the same thing with any other clutch kit on the market.My HC put a hole thru the bottom end of my clutch cover,and I lost all the low end take-off that I had with my Hot Seat set up.

Jack told me I would not be happy,along with a few other things that would not be right,I will listen to what this guy says next time.

Bill