Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told dealers can charge any price for the extended warranty. It can be negotiated like the price of the atv. If so, I would appreciate finding out the best deal you have come across for a 5 year warranty.

Old 05-17-2002, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

I had one dealer tell me $774 and another tell me $674, both with no deductable.

Old 05-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Trailblazer

Fellas,
This will prove to be interesting to you. Found in another Polaris Forum..

"its not often that i will completely trash polaris but on this subject i must. first off, i think polaris does an outstanding job standing behind their warranty on units they sell but that is where the compliment must end on this subject. the warranty that is being offered through polaris is near worthless. as bad as i hate to say it, polaris, you screwed up. the company that backs the extended warranty is AWS. they suck and they are crooks.period. as a tech i deal with these people frequently and i am completely disgusted at how my customers are treated by these people. they turn down most any claim i submit to them saying "we don't cover that" or "thats just normal wear". well a %$#@*%* oil pump doesn't just quit pumping on a ten month old machine from normal wear. and if you don't cover a failed engine, then what the h*** do you cover? usually i don't get like this but my customers pay ME good money for they peace of mind that if their unit fails they can bring it back and i can get them back on the road. and then it's ME they look at when i tell them that the warranty company said they would not pay for it because the customer rode their unit too slow!yes! thats right! they actually told me they were not responsible for a failed clutch because my customer was riding too **** slow!!!they said the clutch breaking completely off the inner hub and coming completely through the clutch housing is because the customer was not aware of the proper way to ride and there fore the failure was operator error and not a defect in workmanship. well that operator just happened to be my mother! a lot of dealers will probably be ticked off by me writing this because the dealer makes a huge commision selling this warranty to the consumer but i feel people should be treated fairly when they pay good money for something. my dealership sells this warranty also but i will not recommend it to any one. enough said."

Good Luck!!

Old 05-17-2002, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

Well speaking from my own experiences, I recommend a warrantee. I have had many ATV’s and have had some problems. I have had the motor replaced on my HO @ 1800 miles because of a oil failure, rear bushings replaced and the speedometer unit. I have paid nothing and have had nothing denied. Read your warrantee it says what is covered. My dealer is Pioneer Motorsport in Sardinia, NY. They have been in business for over 20 years by taking care of their customers. I paid under $400 for my 3 year 0 deductible warrantee. Was it worth it, you bet. Why did I only get a 3-year, because that’s when I trade them in.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Old 05-17-2002, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

An extended warrenty is only as good as the company that backs that warrenty.Look into ALL warrentys and ask alot of questions,seek others that have had good luck with their warrenty claims.

I have Polaristar on both my 99 Sportsman and my 00 Xplorer.They were very good at covering claims.

Bill

Old 05-18-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

I onl ever bought yamaha and never needed a warenty, never had anything break down on me. just thought i would throw that in. lol.

Old 05-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

Bill you are right on checking things out. I also have the Polaristar warranty but have found from reading here some of the dealers are selling something else. My (Long time) dealer said the Polaristar was the one for me (that's what they use). As I was told it covered every thing but normal wear items and this is spelled out in the CLEAR contract. So far my "Less then" $400 warranty (3 year, 0 deductable) has replaced about $3000 worth of items, no questions asked!

People have to remember some times some things fail. Some thing more then others. I live in Western NY and here it cost me twice for car insurance that it does for my house that is worth 10 time the car? I have never crashed my house though!

Mark

Old 05-18-2002, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

EXTENDED WARRANTY/
i have extended warranty on both my polaris 500 and 500ho. it seems to me that a lot of was is and isnt covered is dependent on the claims adjuster that looks a the bike. for example the female splines on the yokes that swallow up the male splines coming out of the front diff are worn out to the point that the sring pins will fall out. 2 months ago i took the bike into the shop right after the pins fell out. the extended warranty asked is the bike still pulling and the answer was yes but it needs the yokes replaced in order to keep from wearing out the shafts coming fron the front diff. they said if it is pullinf it is not broke and would not cover. so its broke now and back in the shop and now the adjuster has denied the claim because there is evidence of dirt and mud inside the yokes. he even had the dealer pull the front diff and split thinking that there was mun etc in the diff. it was like new. but at the same time they warrant a new fan. there seems to be rhyme or reason to the way extended warranty people justify their existence. DONT GET ME WRONG A IAM A POLARIS MAN AND WILL RIDEM WITH OR WITHOUT EXTENDED WARRANTIES

Old 05-18-2002, 04:31 PM
Range Rover

Lsnake68I you have to ride you know you can not just look at it HI HI

Old 05-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Mark,
dont know where I'd be without my extended warrenty as I also have used up AT LEAST 2500 bucks worth on my 00 Xplorer,thats not to mention what I used up on my 99 Sportsman.Polaris 4x4s are by far the absolute worst when it comes to being reliable so if you own a 4x4 Polaris,best find someone who has a repatable extended warretny and go with it,I know im sure glad I did.

Bill

Quick Reply: 700 Extended Warranty