Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Is every one with a SP 700 happy

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 02:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well I never meant to do that. It just happened all of a sudden. I was crossing the river and I turned my head to tell my buudy that it wasnt deep and to come on and cross. Before I got the whole sentence out woosh my bike was gone. I FREAKED out and just pinned the throttle back. It was just a few seconds that seemed like minutes and it crawled up the other side and out of the water. I stoped and checked everything out at this time and found no water in anything. The only way back was to cross it again so the two pictures are of me coming and going. I learned a lesson here and that is to check the water level all the way accross and not just half way.

The hand guards are the ones for the Sportsman 500. They will fit a 700 too. I bought them at my local dealer here in Arizona.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:58 PM
Range Rover

Hey Frogman28 how do you like those Dirt Devil XT's? I was thinking about these tires when I wear out the Raw Hides.

Old 05-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

To be honest with you...i love them. I have 27" with 10 front and 12 rear. They wear good. They ride good.

I would like to make one point that a friend and i noticed just the other day on a ride. The side lugs that are on the DD's help. We were trying to figure out if they really did anything, well they do. We were riding in deep rutted paths and every time that he tried to get out of the rut, his front tires would but the rears would just follow the rut...understand? Kind of went sideways down the trail...well with the DD's, i was able to get enough traction to pull the bike out of the deep ruts everytime that i turned the wheel. This is the ONLY thing that i can say for the side lugs. I really dont know if they are better mudders or not. The places we ride, you get stuck...PERIOD. I am SOOOO happy that i have a winch on my bike. One other thing, i have the remote for the Warn winch...this is a VALUABLE thing to have. I watched as my friend had to go back and forth to his bike because he didnt pull out enough cable. With the remote, ya just hit the toggle and POOF! hehe, now my friend is going to go buy a remote setup for his bike too.

DD's are cheaper than the other brands, they are a 6 ply tire, and they really dont weigh that much, compared to other 6 ply brands.

Happy riding....hope ya get her stuck now and then [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Jonathan