Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What is it like to have 75 HP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 10:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bubba, sorry for not answering your Q, 3rd shift and flying almost every day makes the ole grey matter forgetful. Yes, that was me in the ATV Sport issue. I know a lot of people wrote nastygrams to the mag about the dyno. It was never their intention to bad mouth Polaris...heck, the mag is right here in Minneapolis. (Polaris is also Minnesota based) I've told Darrell at HPD to look at the radar runs. The performance cuts in half the times from a stock 400. I've had tons of e-mails, phone calls and people stopping me on the trail. I thank them very much for the complements and questions. I'm constantly handing out HPD catalogs and stickers. The article was a fully effective FREE ad for HPD...eventhough the dyno numbers aren't what people wanted. Due to job relocations, the joy of working for an airline, I've saturated the Milwaukee area dealers, and am now working on the Chicago area. Every time I enter a dealer, I get the same blank stares, and same response. "I didn't know there were any other companies other than Hot Seat". Nothing against Hot Seat, they've treated me GREAT, but HPD has them beat on engine mods.
Like Mike and some others said, there's no way I'm gonna drop $2000 on a new cylinder that requires a pipe, and everything else. If it were just the cylinder, fine, I could easily be coaxed.
Bob, I would gladly like to run machines. I'm waiting on my flywheel lightening job to come back ( another pound), then I'd like to find some place to run em. Since you're up in this area also, has anyone ever tried to get the Haydaze crowd to have ATV dirt drags? A sanctioned, organized racing organization would be a blast....if I weren't commuting to Chicago, I'd start organizing one. Any thoughts?

Ken

Old 05-30-2002, 02:05 PM
Range Rover

Hey! Guys...
We had the same problem here in AZ. We ride year around here and probably have more ATV's per capita than any other state. We have plenty of trails, but many riders wanted to race. We have motocross, NASCAR, NHRA and private drag strips, but no dirt drag strip for ATVers as well as top fuelers and Jeeps. We are loaded with sand toys here. Well; you know the saying..."The squeaky wheel gets greased." People started talking and a local dirt track owner started listening. The American Sand Drag Association was brought in and a wonderful meeting open to the public was had. The local track owner was iffy, but he saw the interest in all the riders that showed up. The track owner agreed, and with the help of many personal and business volunteers; a track was born. We now have ASDA sanctioned drags right next to the stock car track and we are getting one heck of a turnout!!! The race track owner is waddling in profits now and he is totally blown away with the growing number of racers and fans. Myself, many others and their children have something to look forward to throughout the summer now, instead of waiting for dune season to come back around. (Too hot!) Good luck! Just do it!

Old 05-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Bob, like Faster's situation, maybe Elko has enough room for something like this. I've been to Raceway park, and I don't think they have enough space. Are you familiar with the Elko track? If nothing else, I'm gonna contact the Haydaze organizers and throw out a proposal.
This could be a blast!!

Ken

Old 05-30-2002, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

The perfect place would be the jordan fair grounds where they do the pulls, its sand, two lanes and bleachers already there.

Dont think you will have any luck with any type of riding park in scott county, it took years to get the one in gilbert started and thats in the country, we are stuck in the boring have of the state run by tree huggers and know it alls that dont know a whole lot.

You could get the land and start a club and people could ride, kind of like the one down by st peter.

Old 05-30-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

You wouldnt know of a nice preferable flat place to just tool around on would you.
I got a new engine for my flattrack quad I need to break it in before the next race next weekend. I want to just drive in a circle or back and forth for a tank of gas or so to break it in. The ditch up by jordan is a little to rough in places.

Old 05-31-2002, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

This is the answer to every 1s questions why in the world stop making 2 strokes.I mean geez all these mags are saying death and hell and the end of the world to 2 strokes everywhere.We all know theyll stop making them and just like every other emission scam theyll scratch there heads and say we only blew billions of tax payer dollars and we still have an emission problem.I know the deal I live in The garbage state w Kalifornia mindless bs enviros and politicians.We got that damn ez pass and that stupid im 240 program that cost people so much.1 it passes it seems its a done deal even tho there like duh huh this didnt work.Man I am so pissed off right now I as a tax payer have to be continuously ripped off I dont know how americans can put up w this thievery going on.Yes I know they can get 75 outta a 4 banger but its noot the same as a 2 smoker.every 1 says 4 smokes are so much better.They are more fuel efficient and reliable i stock form but My Mohave is so frekaing hard to start its like forget it im going to park this and go back in the house and turn on playstation or just hang out.Not very fun when your kicking the **** outta abike tha twont start.Kinda makes ya wanna give up riding,if not for my SHee and KDx Id put that damn bike on the curb w a Please steal me sign on it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2002, 12:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Holy Cow Sugarhead!!! I've been known to jump up on a soapbox....but man you just built the stage at Woodstock. We all feel your pain. It's good to vent. Bob, my running back and forth to Chicago is a pain, but I'll do my best to plant some seeds with different people. I love how the environmental extremists continually lock people out of more and more fun. Like the airport, it was there first, people move next to it, and complain about the noise. Do they still make Nerf Battle Batons? Thump 'em upside the noggin....See Sugarhead, now you got me goin'.

Ken

Old 05-31-2002, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

I didnt mean to go off like thaT,BUT i AM in my 20s and I see thru all the political scams that I dont even vote anymore,I know some older folks say vote to make a difference if ya dont ya wont get the bad guy out..I dont know how many people see thru the bs besides myself but in some ways to vote is good and some ways ya get this guy in that guy in they hold there crotches and promise this and thatand the wole world. we get them in and suprise I mr politician am gonna bend u taxpayers over the barrel we all know this is true.I cant see how they could even regulate 2 strokes theres thousands out there,people will have em built by people we call machinists and there are some of us that dont give a freak outright and will ride no matter what.Some 1 mentioned RACEWAY PARK,would this be the 1 in englishtown.Id love to take my SHEE put some duratrax tires or golf cart wheels and go 1/4 miling I bet these bikes would turn out over 100mph hake they do it in the 1/8 mile.I just wonder if atco has it and what do I need to do to get my shee on the tarmac to roadrace,dragrace and do I need a nhra,mc license to do so?I went to englishtown for the 1st time 2 weekends ago and dayam I got the fever for it.I even got a budwieser jacket w Kenny Bs autograph not bad for it being his last time to race.! Well hasta la vista bambino[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2002, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

The more hp you get... the more trouble you get into! I know...145 hp ninja. Run the 1/4 mile in 8.95 sec[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You just have to find the right LEGAL place to create your own personal Taz Tornado. Find a local track (for street-bike), or local trail (for quad), and do it where the boys in blue don't get mad. Street racing doesn't pay, been there done that....paid. The higher hp is directly relevant to the higher level of the adrenaline shot...I think Isaac Newton proved that in a formula somewhere. hehe.

Ken......HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!!! man I like that song!