Old 06-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow puddle !!

That is fast on sand . Nice job .

Old 06-24-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'll bring the time slip when I pick up the clutch this week Rick. I couldn't beleive it either. I know that Fasterthangas is running 5.1's on gas with his Sport.....now that's fast.

Old 06-25-2002, 12:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

O.K. here comes the 20 questions. Since it's sand, I would imagine paddles are the norm? How much is the entry fee? How often do they run? Friendly competition, or should I bring the hockey gear?

Ken

Old 06-25-2002, 03:33 AM
Trailblazer

$22 entry fee. The rules are you have to have a kill switch. Sometimes they check sometimes they don't. You have to have short sleeve shirts miminum. They would like us to wear long sleeves, but geez it gets hot down there. Helmets are required of course. The rest is time regs.
JR ATV smaller than 125cc
ATV1 class 6.5 sec and slower
PRO ATV 6.5 and faster
Super Pro (Not sure) I believe it's 5.0 and faster
The competition is ok. There are some winers down there. They cry about anything when they get bet. Typical of all racing.
They have nice new bathrooms, and food.
You can tailgate, BUT DON'T BRING BOTTLES!!!!! John the owner will throw you out, without explaination.
Now it last along time. You race 2 rounds. It's like everyone races, then you do it all over again. The first place winner of each class race for the top dog spot, called the TOP ELIMINATOR.
Its a good time. We drive down from Chicago every other weekend. Haven't been down there is the last 2 weeks, due to getting a new motor in my sons 400ex. But we'll be there soon. I'm hoping to met pudjumper
soon. I believe that's the same guy off of Exriders, nick "Sanddraggen"
I want to see this 411 Sport he's running.
My son got bet by a Sport 2 weeks ago by .062 sec. no that's close. But we'll get him next time.
Hope this info helps. If you ever want to go. Give us a hollar.

Old 06-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. I'm working at O'Hare now, so I'd be doing the same drive. When you say kill switch, I'm guessing you mean a teathered unit?
Are people running paddles for tires?
Ken

Old 06-27-2002, 08:09 AM
Range Rover

I never knew what my 100 yard time was until this post. I had to go out and time myself on an old railroad grade to see what mine is. I must say, I was a little disappointed. I was expecting a little lower numbers. Of course I never really got any good traction until about half way. Since then, I've changed sprocket ratios and some clutching so I was a little more competitive on the MX track. That backfired too because I wheelied so hard of the starting gate that I had to let off the throttle to keep it from going over.

I'll get some better times and post back later. For now, lets just say a basically stock SC500 could give me a run for my money. That is of course only on a 100 yard drag.

Old 06-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bob, my bud at work brought in a flyer from the Silver Lake drags also....I'm beginning to run on system overload, too many choices. Between this and hitting the Polaris show, gonna be a busy summer.

Ken

Old 06-27-2002, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

Yes a kill switch is a teather switch. And yes most, about 99% of the people run paddles. Depending on your horsepower, with a 400 you might run 8 paddles, or if your quad is really hot, you might get by with 10 paddles. A good paddles tire to start with is Sand Devils. 20x10x10 on Douglas .125, are $145 delivered from Rocky Mtn atv. The cheapest place I've found for tires. If you do decide to purchase paddles, make sure you don't purchase to big of paddles, or you won't be able to turn them.
If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Oh the next race at Bonne Terre is July 5-6

Old 06-27-2002, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys. goin to my first sand drags in Phoenix tomorrow..
What do you suspect my Zilla will run? (paddles and razorbacks)
Its ported & polished, the head is modded, and ill be running race gas.
What can I expect?

Thanks.

-Matt

Old 06-27-2002, 11:18 PM
Pro Rider

Mr350X - The modded LT-500's here at the sand drags are turning 5.5's - 5.3's. The mph's are in low 50's. You should fall in there somewhere.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 100 yard times