Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

I know I should know,but I don't

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always had the dealer change my counter balancer oil.Anyway,where is the fill access at?Where is drain plug?What kind and how much oil?I just had the engine rebuilt and I need to save some money and do the small stuff myself.I know,I should be shotfor not knowing this.

1998 Sport 400L

Old 06-14-2002, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Hey Biggin. You have 3 small drain plugs on the bottom of the engine (they are 10mm heads). You need to drain the middle one. The fill dipstick is under the carburetor slighly to the right and slightly forward (from setting on the seat). The manual says to use 10w30 oil to refill, but I use the 0w40 synthetic. Refill on it will be 75cc which is converted to about 2& 3/4 ounces. I always just round it to 3. You will always have that little bit left over. If you get in water quite a bit, it might be milky, in which case I would run it for a bit then change it again. Hope this helps,Bubba

Old 06-15-2002, 06:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

75cc,man That is a small amount.Thanks for the help Bubba