Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hard Starting Tailboss

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having trouble starting brand new TrialBoss. It's about two weeks old, not even a whole tank of gas used yet. Maybe I'm spoiled with my Sportsman, but the TB takes a couple of trys to get it started. I've tried all different choke setting including no choke, but you still have to feather the throttle to keep it going. Once it get going, runs fine and idles smooth. When its warm it fires up pretty good, but when its cold, it tries to start, but stalls when you let off on the key unless you thumb the throttle. It my wife's machine and I don't want her having any trouble with it. Its a petty problem, but I'd like it right.

And before anyone asks, yes I could bring it back to the dealer, but its a hassle and if its a small adjustment I'd rather do that.

Any ideas?

BTW, It has been a great machine and has gone though more than I thought it would. I'm not nervous about letting friends ride it either.

Old 06-25-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't be to concerned yet. I would wait for a couple of tanks and then maybe look at adjusting the carb / choke. I am guessing your still burning some premix and the engine is still breaking in working its way to full compression and less friction. I am pretty sure it will be getting better and the wife will definatley like it!