Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the reason is behind it, but honda will do anything and everything to avoid building a belt tranny, electric shifters, hydrolic electric shifter on the rubicon, and now a auto 3 speed with a computer controlled torque converter.
K-I-S-S
I'm sure if they did build a belt tranny it would be one of the best, but they just refuse to do it.
I heard they may start making Sleds soon, wonder what overengineered overpriced overcomplicated tranny they'll use for that?

Old 07-11-2002, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

the new rincon will outsell any other quad. it's light, got good suspension and it's a honda, which many people TRUST, unlike polaris which seems to produce a lot of LEMONS

Old 07-11-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's hard not to agree with Polarisman. You can drive far enough in an hour that it will take you all day to walk back. On the other hand, the high-tech stuff makes these ATV's really nice. Polaris's first automatic back in 91 or 92 is what got me into ATVing. I don't like to shift. If the all ATV's were foot shifted, I wouldn't own one. I hope it doesn't go as far as the automotive field has though. One thing is that the trans in the Rincon has been used for years in Honda cars. I believe the trans in the Rubicon was designed in the 60's and has been used in other Honda equipment since the early 70's. Its not new stuff, just in ATV's. The first lock-up converter (used for engine braking on the Rincon) I saw was in GM vehivles back in 1981 for overdrive, the bugs have been workrd out for years.

I think this is a great ATV. However I will not purchase one because it doesn't fulfill my needs. Just bcause it doesn't do what I want it to do or need an ATV to do does not make it a bad machine.

And remember, when you get there, there you are.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

At $7,500 my bet is no. The Kawi 650 or Grizz 660 are much better values for the money at about $1,300 less. And the Rincon would not even be in existance if not for Polaris's innovations. Honda used to be known for reliabilty but that was because it sat on the basics. There are going to be growing pains with cutting-edge technolgy and Polaris paved the way. But all in all every manufacturer has lemons.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

if you did more than just look at the pictures DUstanko you'd know that honda has been developing the rincon for 3 years, has the sp700 been out for 3 years? this must be the only innovation you're talking about (the big motor, and mabey IRS) but those were coming anyways. a honda has nothing else in common with s polaris

Old 07-11-2002, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Value for the $$$. At $7,500 I would expect a locking differential and disc brakes all the way around. Polaris innovations have been apparent since 1990. That's twelve years.

Old 07-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

yes it is a rip off, right now anyways, but it just came out and like i said before its a honda and people are willing to pay extra for a quad that they have great faith in. polaris just sold their millionth auto, might as well say atv cause they're almost all auto's, honda sold over half a million 300's from '88 to '00. that's only one model. honda has a good reputation, therefor people will pay a little more for their quads

Old 07-11-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

what innovations has honda copied from polaris??????? just the IRS, which like i said was coming anyways. the front suspention on the honda's has been independant for a while it was only a matter of time until it made its way to the back

Old 07-11-2002, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Rincon

Your one of those guys who thinks that there is only one brand of ATV that does'nt suck. Honda makes a good machine. But so does kawi, yamaha, suzuki, polaris, and artic cat. I get so sick of the machismo factor in these forums. ( I admit ...I will drop an occasional insult to rial up your type)

Old 07-11-2002, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

did i say anything about kawi, yamaha, AC being crap?? i own a KODIAK, just in case you don't know that's a YAMAHA. But i do think polaris is crap, the people i ride with have had very very bad luck with them, all except one guy

Quick Reply: Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?