Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2003 Scrambler 500 4X4 already here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OOOOOUUUUUCH[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img], Solid right hook, down for the count.
Accidents happen in war. And at the speed that the pilots have to react and make judgements I'm surprised it doesn't happen more.

Old 07-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

you would maybe waiting to se the new 400 2 stroke 2003?

Old 07-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

CORRECTION apparently I'm color blind I'm told it's blue. Although it still looks purple to me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

<< I had a CV BOOT rip a MONTH after I owned it (NOT COVERED) >>

Nope a CVBoot is not covered...A CV boot is $20 and easy enough to change.

<< I have had NO PROBLEMS with the shifting operation or clutching operation of my bikes >>

I Have

<< These Items are all quick and easily replaced >>

I dident say they were hard,I said&quot;They cost $$&quot;

<< Fan,tie-rods,ball-joints,belt cover(WHY),and plastic'(How he got a dealer to cover damage plastic is a mystery to me) and even the rear axle.. Warranty does not cover abuse. >>

When the clutch went it took the belt cover with it.
The plastic started peeling thats how,(mystery solved)
Balljoints and tie-rods ends go
I went through 7-9 belts in 6 months,are you going to tell me that was abuse?Yeah,so did polaris.Untill I got them to take it apart and they found a broken washer in the clutch(my first belt went in 30 miles.)Then they found that the clutches were shot from all the broken belts(heat cracks)
So for me the warranty has been a lifesaver

Old 07-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

Calm down DUSE!

I am not questioning you
Some of the thing you had warranted just sounded ODD and out of the Ordinary
Plastic ? how often do you think Polaris will waranty plastic? I am sure it does not happen often.
As far as your clutch, well another out of the ordinary thing, witch was a problem before standard 6 month warranty was up. I am sure they do alot of belts under warranty but the clutch cover would be almost never. Belt warranty is lifetime anyway now(WITH A GOOD DEALER).
Also like you said, Polaris accused you of Abuse, weather you did or did not.
Like I said POLARIS WARRANTY WILL NOT COVER ABUSE. IT IS AN EASY OUT. Unless you have a good dealer that will work with you, witch are few and far between, Dealers want to MAKE MONEY, they make more on CP jobs than warranty work.

Lastly is this warranty work on your 01 Sportsman? or the 95 Scrambler?

I belive warranty claims are much Higher on Sportsman than the Gen3 machines, Sportmans are just a different beast, Its a More advanced machine. I would consider extended warranty on it before I did a Gen 3(Scramblers and Trailblazers).More moving parts, more wear points
If it was the 95 Scrambler,well there are better upgraded equipment on the new ones, Upgrades to Drivetrain,Suspension, Steering,and 4x4 operation have came a long way in Durability sence 95.

JUST MY 2 cents

Old 07-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

BUBASCRAMBLER
I'm not upset in any way,
sorry if I sounded like I was.

Actually the plastic was a common problem with the 01's(DUCK'S and REMMY'S)The camo wasent bonding to the plastic's.
As far as my dealer goes,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]This guy tried to charged me $700 to put the adj.springs on,he tries not to do stuff under warranty and I have to call polaris and bitch

The warranty is for the DUSE,and as I said ...
it's been a lifesaver[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The only thing that went wrong with the scrammy was
the tranny went last winter,
the thing is 8 years old and runs like a champ[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The magnum is now over 6000 trouble free miles
It's what the Honda guys call BULLET PROOF[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I guess because it's RED[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Nope, not one 03 yet at dealer!!! says that the dealer show is at the end of the mouth.

Old 07-12-2002, 01:26 AM
Range Rover

When I say here I mean here in northern Alberta Canada, I don't quite understand your post, do you mean no not one 2003 at any dealer or just not in your area. In Canada we quite often get models before the US, kind of a test market thing, if it sells well here it usually sells well in the States. Happens with a lot of music too by the way. Any smart company wants to test the market before releasing their product and why not do it in a market that has similar tastes and culture.
I still say its purple, will try and send pics if you like. Won't be till next week though, have to work,gotta make oil and gas for the quads to burn.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

i meant in my town (osseo) sorry about that evan !!
yes send me some pic of that 03 thanks!!!

Old 07-14-2002, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider

I would also like to see a pic of that '03.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2003 Scrambler 500 4X4 already here