Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Holy Horsepower Ritterman!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 11:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a RCR machined head, HPD trail pipe with RCR silencer, RCR air box mod, and HPD clutch kit that I got from Ritter Cycle Racing. I can't believe the difference this thing made. I not only have alot more powerful quad, but also one that backshifts nicely now. I originally wanted to get an RCR stage 1 kit, but after asking what I wanted to get out of it, Rick set me up with my current set-up. I think it takes a big man to reccomend a pipe other than the one he manufacturers. He sacrificed more profit in order to get a happy customer. An that I am! This thing easily get the front end off the ground on pavement. I can get the front up on my dirt lane because the tires always break loose. Another nice thing was that he sent me a machined head for a $100 refundable core charge. This was nice because I only had a couple of hours down time as opposed to a week or more if I had to send my head out to get machined. The next thing I may invest into is a set of tires that work well on loose gravel (any reccomendations greatly appreciated). Rick also told me that his tock silencer was very loud. It is louder than stock, but not overwhelming. When it is idling, it almost sounds stock. It does get loud when under full throttle, but it's not real bad with a helmet on. Everything took me about 5.5 hours to install, but I took my time and torqued and re-torqued every nut and bolt. You could probably do it in 4 hours if you know what you're doing. But I wanted to make sure evrything was right and I read through my service manual as I went along.

By the way Rick, if you're listening. I ended up going with the 270 main and it was right on. I haven't found a 280 yet in my area. Do you think I should pick one up for when the temperatures drop? Right now it's about 80-85 degrees here. I'll be sending my head core back to you this week. Thanks again, you definately set the standard for customer service.

Off the subject: Does anyone know how to place a link in your signature for your website? I placed my website in my profile where it says "website", but it's not showing up in my signature.

Old 07-14-2002, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know how to put the link in your sig, but alls I wanna say is I can't wait to see your pics. It sounds like you've got one nice Scrammy.

Good Luck. Have fun.

Old 07-14-2002, 03:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Add to the list of satisfied customers from the Top Notch RCR sales and service.....a true pro!!!!!

Ken

Old 07-14-2002, 03:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Add to the list of satisfied customers from the Top Notch RCR sales and service.....a true pro!!!!!

Ken

Old 07-14-2002, 11:33 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Must be the pain-killers the doc gave me for the broken foot....gotta stop double posting. Sorry.

My monitor is spinning, I have to go.

Ken

Old 07-14-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,RCR is pretty cool,i just installed the rcr silencer a week ago and i found it very cool sounding and a lot better than the hpd one (race muffler 100 db+) and the exhaust hole is bigger so the rcr one have much of that throaty top end sound,very cool.
best tires are the ITP series,if the plug look good with 270 main (at full throttle)then no need to jet it up,maybe adding a reed spacer will end your kit,enjoy!