ATV Racing Discussions on ATV racing.

Gotta hand it to you racers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2000, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy $#!- i just got up, and i gotta really hand it to you quad racers, racers i am sooooooo sore from that mx track i can bearly move especially my legs or any other body part. I thaught I was in shape going to gym and I am but still feeling the pain. But what a blast it was. To bad the day before I went i found out my axle bearings wear bad I still went and completly destryed them. But the warrior went good i think I needed to rejet cause of the alltitude cause it had really bad throttle response which it usaully does.
But you guys must have some pretty big ***** to last hours in a race.

P>S>
How much would a axle bearing job cost ???

Old 07-13-2000, 07:02 AM
Range Rover

I have to agree with you, I went to a track for the first time yesterday and I am a whooped pup. It was alot of fun but you had better be in shape to stay out there for any length of time.

Old 07-13-2000, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

yeah i was the same way. didn't have any prob that day or night but when i got up, well i couldn't get up i was so sore it took awhile

Old 07-13-2000, 01:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go run a local Harescramble or Cross-Country race. See if you can get up the next day. Those trees hurt, not to mention (6 to 8) laps ranging from (5 to 8) miles ea. That will let you know real quick how in shape you are. I have found one thing though, If you let the quad do the work and work with it instead of fighting it you don't get half as sore.

Old 07-13-2000, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

Yup..gotta love those XC events! (ouch!!)

Old 07-13-2000, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah back when I raced a 300ex I would wake up the next mornign and couldnt stand up ever since I have been running this RX with the right equitment I am a little sore the next morning

Old 07-15-2000, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

My First two races went like this! Indiana to Florida for first round of GNCC then to Disney World the next day with the family,Three year old boy and a two year old girl, then to Macon for round two of the GNCC and finally the next morning home to Indiana.The longest nine or ten days of my life.

Old 07-16-2000, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Stephan that makes me feel real good....just kiddin man really and truely the gym doesn't help you that much for MX. the best thing is just to ride.

Old 07-19-2000, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

Not to upset any one but i have to laugh. I know what its like all to well. most of the time i don't feel bad until about 2 or 3 days affter a race. the best thing to do is ride hard when ever you can. it took me a year and a half of no stop racing to build my enduance up to the point that i could run allout for two hours with out having to letup. the bad part of it was that i was in a car accident and now i'm in bad shape. i tried racing affter bing off the bike for over three months and i had to pull off after about 40 min because of my injuries and pure exaution. I'm trying to get back to where i was before but its a long hard road to recover what took somuch to begien with. keep pushing your self and you will over come your problems. An other funny thing is that people that have never done it have no idea and don't under stand.

Old 07-20-2000, 02:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your right about people not knowing what it is like. They say, "Oh, your just out there riding around". Yea right, put their fat butts out there and let them try it. I wouldn't trade it though.
Harescrambles and XC, If your butt aint sore and you aint eatin dirt, you just aint racin.

Quick Reply: Gotta hand it to you racers.