Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

First test of predator!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In dirtwheels they said that they will have the first test of the predator in the october issue. They also said it was a polaris and it comes close to having ds 650 measurements. I recieved the polaris newsletter in my e-mail and it said that the predator is coming Aug. 5th.

Old 07-19-2002, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

Are u sure it said the predator is comeing out the 5th? or was it the new watercraft? i think they are talking about the watercraft...but i'm not 4 sure

Old 07-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but why would they have watercraft in DIRTwheels, hmmmmm?

Old 07-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I think you're jumping the gun. The e-mail didn't specifically mention the Predator. And the watercraft is the MSX (someone else checked the registration).

Just tryin' to keep things factual, not rumors.

Ken

Old 07-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know why anyone over the I.Q. level of 60 would want to read about a test of the new Predator in that poor excuse of a magazine named Dirtwheels. Most people who have been here a while KNOW that it won't recieve a good review. Assuming that it does recieve a good review (mark the calenders if it does, it will be history) it will lose to the current big bore "Japanese favorite" in a shoot out. You see, us stupid, lazy American workers just can't produce the kind of product that the Japanese are capable of (Yeah, tell that to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki as the A-bomb was invented by stupid, lazy American workers too).

Undoubtably, they will fault it's handling, center of gravity, grips, handlebars, brakes, ergonomics, lack of reverse or bring up Polaris's reputation for relability. They just need ONE thing to keep it from being the best in class. It doesn't matter if it posts faster lap times on a MX track, sand drag and cross country course, they will find something to make it inferior to their favorite Japanese quad (I'd be willing to bet it's the Suzuki LTZ-400, any takers?)

Old 07-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer

What!!?? There's bias against Polaris?!!.. Tell me it ain't so...;0

Old 07-19-2002, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer

Actually, the newest quad always wins the shootouts in DirtWheels. That way they sell more advertizing. They're reviews are just marketing reports anyway. Wait until ATV Sport does a test. They're the only magazine to tell it like it is. The proof is the Z-400 Dyno. 1 HP more than a 400EX...wow...massive power increase.

Old 07-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Actually, didn't refugee german scientists have alot to do with the A-bomb development??? hehe

Dirtwheels does blow goats. When my subscription ran out in June, I decided not to renew. I think that I may get a subscription to ATV Sport...

Old 07-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

YFM, I just picked myself up off the floor...that's too funny!!! Supposedly, the editor of Dirt Wheels just recently relocated to Iowa to better cover the mid-section of the country. I too (along with many friends) won't be renewing my subscription....I'll just thumb through their hot air at the newstand, and leave it behind. Hey Mike, and you East coast guys/gals, please keep up the EXCELLENT job of pics.

Ken

Old 07-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Dirt Wheels? HHHmmmm, shouldn't it be called Honda's Dirt Wheels and the word dirt, if you look it up in the Webster's. Dirt is a excrement, filthy or soiling substance ( as mud, dust, grime or Dirt Wheels Magazine.) it also says. Something worthless, a contemptible person, scandalous or malicious gossip. Yeah it goes on but I will leave it at that and say that Dirt Wheels named their magazine well.

Have a good one................Rictor

Quick Reply: First test of predator!!!!!