Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dirt Wheels get what they have been asking for!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh, good old Dirt Wheels rag finally gets a chance to test ride the Predator for the next issue. For years now they have been complaining the Polaris sport quads need separate brakes, manual tranny, footpegs, A-arms up front, and of corse a healthy diet! Well Dirt Wheels.....eat your heart out!

Kinda makes you wonder...what will they bash the Predator for? This quad is so differnt from what Polaris has produced in the past. Just hoping it puts on a good show.

Old 07-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hell, it is a new atv, and seems that the magazines I read award a new atv some type of award just for being born.Personally I hope that it whips the hondas and yamahas.

Old 07-26-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Amen biggin. Hey...going to port my cylinder soon. How about you? If I remember you just had yours rebuilt?

'96 Scrambler with HPD mods.

Old 07-26-2002, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

My cylinder and piston are fresh,and no porting in site for now.I am broke for a while,again.Just paid tution for the fall semester and my Z71 is having its tranny rebuilt.I guess i should say it has 150000 miles on it so the chevy haters don't start thier bashing.That 700R4 transmission is expensive,whew!Later

Old 07-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

biggin,

I hear yah man. I was pretty much broke during college as well. Glad thats done.

Kinda hoping my Ford manual trans. goes the distance cuz I know they aren't cheap either! Still on the stock brakes with 100K...someday they gotta go. Be cool.

Old 07-27-2002, 12:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

biggin should have gotten a 5 speed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] just funnin.

Old 07-27-2002, 03:05 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Biggin, I am a Ford guy, but I won't ever rip on a guy that drives a Chevy...150,000 miles you can't complain about that. That is a lot better than my Father got out of his last Chevy tranny...38,000 and it was done... Not rippin on Chevys all brands break down.... No problems with my last 2 Fords...Knock on wood.

As far as the Preditor goes, I hope Polaris has a winner!!!!

See you on the trails.

Old 07-27-2002, 03:28 AM
Pro Rider

Lookin to get my first truck in a month or two. Dont really care what it is as long as the bed is big enuff for my machine. I sure hope the Predator kicks some!! It will be funny to see how the pro Japanese magazines try desperately to tone done the hype. I'd love to see some event where modified machines get leveled by the new beast. Replying to a thread from a month ago. I said the Predator has approx 50 horses stock, Thats at the back axle, not the crank!!

Old 07-27-2002, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Better measure that potential trucks bed at its' narrowest point.I have long bed Z71 and the sport 400Ls' width just barely fits between the wheel wells.

Old 07-27-2002, 08:36 AM
Range Rover

I haft to say I've owned just about every brand but Polaris. But I'm sure dirtwheels will test it against a Honda trx 90 and will rave about the Honda. I have nothing against Honda,(I used to be one of the ones who said they would never own a Polaris) but at least Polaris is trying to give the people what they want. If it wasnt for Polaris we would all be still drive around on 300 foremans.I hope Polaris has good luck with theirs. Have a good ride!

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels get what they have been asking for!