Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My ATV's stolen in Texas...anyone from Dallas..please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 11:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 16' trailer with my '97 Sportsman and '99 Scrambler 500 4x4 on it stolen from Wal-Mart parking lot in Rockdale, TX a couple of weeks ago. The Sportsman was recovered around Mesquite 4 days later. The Balch Springs PD caught a guy riding it on the street, of course he said he bought it from someone he didn't really know. The Scrambler is still missing and I'm very frustrated that the police have not shown much interest in backtracking through this guy to find it. Is there anyone here from Dallas? Anyone know of any Dallas area specific discussion boards? I've got a picture with details on a reward poster I can email if anyone is interested. $500 no questions asked if you can locate my Scrambler. I had no insurance, so you can imagine how sick I am. I'm very thankful though, to have the Sportsman back. Thanks for any help!

Steve
512-940-1844
512-446-3584

Old 07-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

My scrammy was stolen in Mesquite about 12 weeks ago and i just got it back. It was found in Balch Springs also is your sp green. there was a green sp when I pick mine up. My friends scrammy was stolen at the same time but has not gotten his back yet.

Old 07-28-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

Just out of curiosity how did they get the trailer with the quads on it? Did they un-hitch it from your truck in the parking lot while you were in the store?

Old 07-28-2002, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like he is selling them around Mesquite. I will keep a look out for you. Have you checked the cycle trader?

Old 07-28-2002, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Crawdad,
i was wondering the same thing.
what happened Steve10?
-MT

Old 07-29-2002, 12:24 AM
Range Rover

HSP400, yes that was my Sportsman. I picked it up last Sat. Hey, call me if you get a chance. I'm 175 miles away from you, so it's odd that they wound up in the same place. The guy says he bought it for $750...tell me he didn't know what he was buying. Especially with the ignition punched out.

Guys I had the trailer parked at the Wal-Mart here in Rockdale advertising them for sale. In this small town that's the center of business, so people park cars, boats, etc. there on the weekends for advertisement. I had the ATV's chained and locked to the trailer, the trailer chanined and locked to a light pole, and the hitch locked down on the tongue. They cut it all and left it laying in broad daylight.

I'll check the trader, but I have a feeling there getting rid of this stuff real cheap to anyone with a few bucks. One thing, the person who winds up with it is buying it to ride. I really think it's somewhere in the Dallas area, but I'm so far away I don't know where to go looking on the weekends. Please be on the lookout when you see a red 500 Scrambler 4x4. It has a small gas can rack on the back, the grab bar under the rack has a bent u shape in it where someone backed it into something, it has a small K&N sticker on the plastic behind the seat, missing one of the two screws in the plactic on the upper left side, all stock, original tires, very good shape before the theft. Spread the word. If someone has the time to look around I've got $500 for your trouble.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 07-29-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

I really wish there was something I could do for ya, but I live too far away.

If I could, I would od everything I could for ya, I would kill someone if they stole my quads. If anyone had the decensy, they would return the quad regardless of the $500, because if my quads were stolen, I would hope that someone would help me out.
Good luck, I am truely sorry to hear that, it just aint right that you work hard for your quads, then to have someone just come up and cut em loose, to make a little money, what I would do if i got my hands on em.

Old 07-29-2002, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey that must suck having them stolen, but have you ever thought about asking wal-mart for there outdoor cameras tapes. I know that a lot of the wal-marts around here have cameras everywhere and i bet that one might have caught the person taking your quads from the parking lot. Doing my best to help you man but that might be a start.

PurePolaris

Old 07-29-2002, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

actually, walmarts camera systems isn't all that great, they may not be able to pick that up if it is far off in the parking lot.
I say this because the cameras must be zoomed in that far manually, and they are usually just put on the front of the store to scan everynow and then, so most likely they would not have the tape of that, but it's worth a shot. We usally do not watch the outside camera's that much, just inside, and outsides are used to watch someone we suspect who has stolen something.
We only scan the outer perimeter of the lot when someone runs from us, and they go down the road.
But try them, and see what they say, they may not help you because a lot of stores dont' even like people sellings things on their lot, we dont allow it, so they may say tuff luck.

Old 07-29-2002, 02:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I am sorry for your loss. In this day and age nothing happens to the crooks when caught. WTF I say we catch them and cut there ***** off and parade them thru the streets.

Quick Reply: My ATV's stolen in Texas...anyone from Dallas..please help!