Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My ATV's stolen in Texas...anyone from Dallas..please help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 09:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked with every business around there the next day, but they said there cameras would not see that far. There were several witnesses that seen them leaving the parking lot and going through town, but once again, the cops haven't done much to follow up. So far, all I know about the guy that was caught with the Sportsman is, his name is Juan, and he works at Green Acres feed store in Mesquite. They are supposed to arrest him on possesion of stolen goods. I've tried to come to grips with my rage, and wanting to absolutely kill somebody. I've had a hard time concentrating at work the last two weeks and interacting with my wife and daughter, because I'm so angry, yet so helpless. I feel like I'm doing something at least by putting the word out electronically in the Dallas area. Once again, I've got a reward poster with pic and details I can email if anyone up there is interested.

Old 07-30-2002, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

Steve10,
I also live in Mesquite, texas & have 4-wheelers & don't want this scum in my city. Do you know juan's last name or any other info I can use to help track him down. I know how you feel, I had some tools stolen in broad daylight & they had my s.s # ingraved on every tool & had a gotten a tag # off of car & never gotten any of my tools back. It was like the cops didn't care,that's been over 5 years ago. Please send me a picture of your scrambler & I will keep an eye out. Also hpd400 in mesquite if you could send me a picture of your buddy's bike I will also keep an eye out for it. HPD400 have you ever been to crafford park @ st. augustein @ 175 in dallas, There a place that you might catch the 4wheelers, I ride there 1-2 times A month. I also ride shiloh ridge in alto,texas & in august we will ride rocky ridge & maybe athens.
Any info and or pictures that y'all have you can e-mail me @
joe@cgm-us.com

Old 07-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

Man I am very sorry for your loss, People are jerks thats for sure. Mabey other people will learn the $6 a month insurance it takes to cover against theft is a good investment. I know this does not help you much if you post a picture I will keep my eye out for it I ride every other weekend arround the metroplex area.

Old 07-30-2002, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

Steve, it does suck to get your stuff stolen but lets get some perspective here. Anything material can be replaced (heck you were even trying to sell them) but your wife and daughter can't. Don't take out bad times on your family.

I have had stuff stolen from me before. I travel quite a bit for work. A couple years ago I spent a week in Philly. I got to the Philly airport about 4pm on a Thursday. Got home about 7pm Friday (but thats another story). Noticed there was quite a bit more room the the garage than when I left. Ask the wife what happened to my guns, generator, tools ect. She said huh. We jumped in the truck and spent the weekend at lake Travis. Called the cops when we got bach home Sunday.

Go home and give your wife and daughter a hug and take them out to dinner or something.

Charlie

Old 07-30-2002, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

Joe, you've got mail.

MadDasher, what's your email address, so I can send you all the info?

Yeah, I've cooled off considerably, and you're right it's only money, but Man I worked hard to find my perfect ATV's and pay cash for them. I was selling them to buy a tractor so we can execute our plan of getting our property ready to build a house on one day. I just want to do everything I can to try and recover my property, especially since they caught a guy red handed with one of them. Thanks for all the replies guys, it has made me feel better.

Steve

Old 07-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

you can send info to email@leewilliams.org, I will be on the look out for you, however I am sure you know how big the metro plex area is.I normally stay on the Fort Worth side. But I will notice a scrambler very easy so if I see a pic of it who knows... sorry again GL

Old 08-01-2002, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'll keep an eye open for your Scrambler, though I don't ride around the metro much. Watch the Trader every week to see if it pops up even months from now. As long as you have your VIN, you could claim your property.

I was thinking about not renewing the insurance on my machines, but you make me reconsider. Better safe than sorry.

Old 08-10-2002, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

I bet if it comes out in hunting season you'll get it back.
I have a 400 sport and a 400 scrambler iand I love to hunt.
From oct. 1st threw jan.1st I was pulled over and checked out 5 dif. times.
hope you get it back.todd

Old 08-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

If anyone knows popular riding spots in the Dallas area, and would be willing to hang up a reward poster, I've got a very detailed one with a picture on it that I can email you for printing.

Thanks,
Steve