Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

The Predator MSRP is.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still talking to the wife. Got a couple more weeks til' it hits the showroom.

Old 07-30-2002, 01:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Contrary to what people have said, there won't be different models, but there is a list of things you can add on. Nerfs retail $219.99. Want to ad remote reservoirs (compression adjustable) $189. Want Walker Evans custom SWEEEEEEET Shocks $899.99 fronts, and $699 for the rear.

The factory brochure reads like a Quad performance toy store. Took the Predator for a rip on the test track today. THIS IS A POINT AND SHOOT MACHINE. Zero bumpsteer. GREAT POWER....kept trying to arrange a drag with the HPD Race mod. Brakes , suspension, engine....IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BUYING A Z-400, Raptor, DS....do yourself a favor and wait. Just take it for one ride. The whole time I was riding, the broken foot (shifter side) was never noticed. This thing kills the pain of the rider, and inflicts pain on the competition.

GREAT JOB POLARIS!!!!! You folks did it RIGHT!!!

Ken, whose name is already on the list and the ching is on the counter.

Old 07-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

<< GREAT JOB POLARIS!!!!! You folks did it RIGHT!!! >>

LOL!

We'll see, from what I saw......NOPE! We'll see how it plays in the real world.....

Old 07-30-2002, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Modquad,

Thanks for the info about the shocks. I was wondering about how much the remote reservoirs cost. I doubt that many of us will have the money left for the Walker Evans shocks. They seem a bit spicy, but that's what a good quality, top of the line, set of shocks will cost.

I wish I would have gotten to the Rocky Gap trailhead slightly sooner so I could have run mine against the pre-production models as a base line. Hey if it would have beaten mine in a straight line drag, I might consider it. As it is, we'll have to wait and see how well it does against yours. I don't have any Polaris dealers around me anymore that would let me race mine against theirs.

I particularly don't like the UGLY front bumper on the XC model. It looks like *$%&amp;!

Old 07-30-2002, 12:03 PM
Pro Rider

Have the Horsepower numbers of 50hp been confirmed yet, or was the rumor of those numbers just that, a rumor.
After this wedding we are payin for, a predator is going to be sittin in my garage, even if my woods are too think for it.

Old 07-30-2002, 12:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider

A couple of people were REALLY cornering the test riders about HP figures. The powerband was there, it let you know it was there, but it also worked in harmony with the steering, suspension. The entire package is a really well thought out piece of equipment. Eventhough the test track (the one for dealers,not the test riders) was small, the technical capabilities came shining through. Each lap became smoother than the last, with incredible agility and predictability. I've got a 20 mile woods blasting area, I can't wait to try with this thing.

JCV 400EX, I'm not sure Polaris was gunning for the C'dale on this one. After riding it, and having been on Raptors and others, I think the total package machine is REALLY gonna open some eyes. The C'dale is a great machine (still haven't gotten to ride one yet...rats), we'll have to see how the two match up. You'll never hear a bad word about C'dale from me, cause my hat is still off to them for what they accomplished in a really short period of time.

These companies are monitoring what is said about their products (wish lists from the forums help). Where else can you get all this customer feedback for such an inexpensive price.

Until people actually get to experience this quad, there will always be the doubters out there. The Sport/Scrambler line has always been a target being the &quot;recreational&quot; machine. Just like C'dale my hat is off to the Polaris crew. It's been cool with the internet intro/teases, the track exhibition schedules, and the siting pics. They dropped a rock into the glassy waters and watched the ripples spread. Now it's Tsunami time!!!!!!

Ken

Old 07-30-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

&lt;&lt; GREAT JOB POLARIS!!!!! You folks did it RIGHT!!! &gt;&gt;

&quot;LOL!
We'll see, from what I saw......NOPE! We'll see how it plays in the real world..... &quot;

jcv400ex,
Just curious, what is it that you have seen that makes you say that?

Old 07-30-2002, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

The fact that he owns a Cannondale is a dead give away, he's scared.

Old 07-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

I watched the test riders play around at a motocross track. It's not a good jumper. And the 50hp is not there. It was running a lap time of mildly tuned 400ex's and stock Raptors. I'm guessing 34-36 rwhp out of it. It doesn't look like the motocross track is going to be it's final calling.

And drag race smag race.....I don't give a rats **** how fast the thing is in a straight line! I'm sick of hearing that.

It appears this will be a good trail quad though. With the steering technology and big bore engine, I think it will perform okay in the woods. But I still don't like the 10&quot; rear rims. I wish Polaris would realize the advantage of 9&quot; rear rims. It didn't have the &quot;fast rev&quot; that I was expecting though. Which is usually better to have in the woods anyway. But, it still didn't seem to have the &quot;pull&quot; of a Cannondale or a Raptor, or he was just shifting too early.

I'm not sold on this quad yet. I want to see a production quad in a harescramble race and what have ya. That's the &quot;real world&quot;, not a couple of guys traveling around in a winnebago stopping off here and there and running their mouths... I also don't like how they're marketing the quad....

Old 07-30-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

<< The fact that he owns a Cannondale is a dead give away, he's scared. >>

nope....I know none of the atv manufactures have the ***** to build something to run with my Cannondale.....don't worry about that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The Predator MSRP is.........